Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:29pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    I'm starting to suspect BJJ should annex the eye gouge from the cannon of TMA technique to part of our self-defense, since it looks like we're the only ones with a fucking clue how to do it properly.
    You can have the eye gouge... and take the oil check as you go.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    neck scratch, i kid you not, you capture the punching arm (say its his right) with your left armpit, step forward onto your right foot so you're closer to him, and use your nails to scratch his neck like some kind of cat. no mention was made of what he might use his other hand for, why i couldn't use my free hand to punch him i dont know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:03pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Yeah, let's have Helio retconn it into the Master Text errata.
    Annex?
    It was already there in the hidden books of gospel.

The New Testamanet of BJJ Apocrypha
    or the Books of Gnostic Gracie Jujitsu if you will.

Written by Carlson but coveted by the Gracie family
    only now has the forbidden techniques such as the eye gouge, the oil check, and the nuthug been finally revealed to the rest of the world.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 3:54pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i took karate when i was younger, **** made sense to me then. or rather i didn't question it.

only thing recently that i haven't liked is some ground work my judo instructor has said/done. the week or two before winter break he told us kata gatame (shoulder pin in judo, basically a head n arm triangle with a gable grip only) couldn't be a choke. i dunno what he was thinking when he said that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:05pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went along to a friend's karate class, and wasn't impressed. Chambered punches and knife hands ahoy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:34pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn
    only thing recently that i haven't liked is some ground work my judo instructor has said/done. the week or two before winter break he told us kata gatame (shoulder pin in judo, basically a head n arm triangle with a gable grip only) couldn't be a choke. i dunno what he was thinking when he said that.
    Say WHAT?!. Of course it's a choke. With the gable grip it's very similar to the way a basic hadaka jime works. It's teh d34dly! How old/experienced is your Judo instructor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 4:09pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well frankly turning it into a choke kinda loses the point. The whole point of kata gatame is that because of the pressure it puts on the neck and shoulder it is very painful, and can be used to submit your opponent, but it is not actually counted as a joint lock, so juniors can use it to tap out people in competitions without having to hold the pin for half a minute.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From a form-
    Going go down on a knee so you can high block a front kick that was at your waist level.

Rolling at a person to deliver a knee kick and assuming they wont move out of the way

Sooooooo many jump kicks....

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kultist
    Well frankly turning it into a choke kinda loses the point. The whole point of kata gatame is that because of the pressure it puts on the neck and shoulder it is very painful, and can be used to submit your opponent, but it is not actually counted as a joint lock, so juniors can use it to tap out people in competitions without having to hold the pin for half a minute.
    What? So does Judo have some rule where you have to pin someone for thirty seconds before you can use joint locks? Or do Judoka just have no idea how to perform an arm triangle?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 5:27pm

Style: BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zar911
    neck scratch, i kid you not, you capture the punching arm (say its his right) with your left armpit, step forward onto your right foot so you're closer to him, and use your nails to scratch his neck like some kind of cat. no mention was made of what he might use his other hand for, why i couldn't use my free hand to punch him i dont know.
    What style did you learn that in?