Posted On:
    1/03/2005 1:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Yeah you can bob and weave.

Moving out of the way is always better than blocking. But up against a skilled fighter who knows what they are doing it much harder than that.
    You would have a hard time slipping a punch thrown by Giant Silva. Stop giving advice with nothing to base it on, you parrot.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/03/2005 1:36am at .

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 4:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You again Shumagorath ?

What are you doing here, I told you to get the **** out of here Mr " Tell me where you train and who your instructor is but I won't tell you mine".

Now you little bullshit artist where do YOU train and who is your instructor ? Come on stop worming out of it.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nukite to the solar plexus. Complete and utter rubbish. No one is going to stand still while you jam your fingers into a 1cm wide lacuna in their abdominal wall. Rage Against the Machine, anyone?

(WAKE UP!!!!!!!)
    Last edited by Trinity; 1/03/2005 9:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 10:53am

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Worst technique I've been taught:

Defense against side kick (yeah, you see that on t3h str33t all the time) -- downward palm strike to the assailant's knee. I guess it didn't occur to anyone that if you can reach your attacker's knee, he is already kicking you.

The one time I attempted this technique in sparring the force of the kicker's rising leg, coupled with the downward movement of my palmstrike, caused my wrist to severly hyperextend. I needed surgery to fix that one. DOH!!!

Skeptic

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 11:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    [*]Knife Disarm: Assume the person has approached you and is statically holding a knife in the air, pointed somewhere in your general direction. Slap the back of his hand as you foreknuckle strike just below his wrist. This technique worked about one out of four times, and each time the knife would go sailing out of the assailant's hand in a completely unpredictable way including, at one point, my throat.
    You took mine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the worst I ever heard: If someone attacks you with a knife, take the blow of the knife on your arm, so that while the knife is stuck in one arm (or body, if you miss), you got the other arm to hit him, while you have successfully taken the knife away from the person by having it stuck in your arm. Viola, instant disarment and counter.

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:05pm

Style: slappy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The worst technique I was ever taught was a low "x" block to stop a front kick. I asked my instructor at the time why the attacker wouldn't then punch me in the face because both my arms were down and crossed... He said that the block would happen too fast, and that I would be able to lift my hands up in time to block follow up punches. Of course we weren't encouraged to test this out.

Mike

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat_Tones
    Worst technique I've been taught:

Defense against side kick (yeah, you see that on t3h str33t all the time) -- downward palm strike to the assailant's knee. I guess it didn't occur to anyone that if you can reach your attacker's knee, he is already kicking you.

The one time I attempted this technique in sparring the force of the kicker's rising leg, coupled with the downward movement of my palmstrike, caused my wrist to severly hyperextend. I needed surgery to fix that one. DOH!!!
    Your chi is weak.
    Go to ki sanctuary for instruction, build up your chi.
    Next, take this piece of iron, and practice your palm strikes on it.
    Come back in a month,
    and try again.

`~/

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jungle-mania
    This is the worst I ever heard: If someone attacks you with a knife, take the blow of the knife on your arm, so that while the knife is stuck in one arm (or body, if you miss), you got the other arm to hit him, while you have successfully taken the knife away from the person by having it stuck in your arm. Viola, instant disarment and counter.
    This technique is NOT approved by me.
    [I've actually had this happen. . .and, yes, it worked! Luckily the knife didn't sever anything important, only leaving me with a weakened grip on that arm. And, No! I do not recommend this technique!]

`~/

Learn to become Invisible

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was training sword under a guy that, in retrospect, was a serious BS-artist. He tried to teach me a japanese sword technique that involved spinning the blade across the backs of my fingers one handed, like a baton twirler. It was at this point that I had to realize how much horseshit he had sold me.

sliced fingers? nope, I have to be quick enough to only grasp the spine of the blade.
    combat effectiveness? I guess when a evil ninja sees this uber-cool move they will either run in fear, or anally violate me on account of how faggish it looked.

Respectfully,
    Ray Nelson
    "Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent -- that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior."
    --Nietzsche