Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    BJJ Beginner
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's about time I introduced myself.

Just wanted to say hi and make my membership more official, was just waiting till my name change went through.

I tend to hold off joining and making myself known until I have spent time getting to know the place.

I just wanted to say that I really support what goes on here, I know it has definitely changed my mind and how I view things regarding MA especially the TMA areas and probably saved me a lot wasted time an money.

It has also made me think before I post anything to make sure I can back it up, though I still have a way to go in that are but I am working on it.

I do think that the posters here can come across pretty harsh but if people can weather the inevitable shitstorm that seems to accompany even the most reasonable posts then there is lot of people willing to be critically objective and open to new ideas as long as it can be backed up.

Anyway cheers for the advice you have already given me and I look forward to being part of the site more in the future.

Cheers

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem....

Welcome to Bullshido. I hope you enjoy your stay. Please, have a cookie.

See, we're not all harsh.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Style
    BJJ Beginner
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take you off the list.
    Thanks for the cookie

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by auszi View Post
    i'll take you off the list.
    Thanks for the cookie
    **** you!!! My cookie!!! GTFO!
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Style
    BJJ Beginner
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I just wanted to say that I really support what goes on here, I know it has definitely changed my mind and how I view things regarding MA especially the TMA areas
    Tell us more.

Style
    BJJ Beginner
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Tell us more.

Well there was that pretty common misconception I had when I was younger that, the mystical kung fu and ninjitsu could kick anyones ass, I turned down an opportunity when I was 12 to train Judo, cause I thought it was crap. (I'll try not to live with regrets here) This stayed with me for a long time, I even trained boxing for a while which taught me to respect boxing as a self-defence skill. It doesn't take a genius to see that the experience of getting hit and hitting someone else puts you above those who havent had that joy when it comes to self-defence. There was state champion where I trained and you could see he was not someone anyone should be messing with.

But I still had in the back of my mind that there were still some keepers of secret knowledge in the esoteric arts out who could destroy anyone with their deadly skills.

It was only about two years ago, that I stumbled on this site, I was researching a Muay Thai school, through reading it started to break down some of my misconceptions about the TMA's and some modern MA's, positive and negative.

I lived in Moscow for two years (This was before bullshido) and was looking at Systema, due to laziness and other priorities, I never went to Ryabko's school, which I kind of was regretting after I left, but after reading on this site, now not so much. But the crazy thing is I only found out about Sambo, here on this site, after I had left and that is a real regret. Two years training in Moscow that I missed out on. I might go back just to train someday if I get the chance.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where the **** do we get these kangaroo fucking retards?

Style
    Judo, Jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Style
    BJJ Beginner
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Where the **** do we get these kangaroo fucking retards?
    Your not going to cry about it are you?

Have a chat to Uncle Chop Chop.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last