--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cool clock choke variation (vid)

This is from one of my teachers at Nova Uniao in Rio. I rarely get clock chokes but I am going to give this one a try, what you guys think?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's a very cool variation that most of the higher ranks will eventually develop a defense to and possibly incorporate into their own games.

I'm quite good at keeping my head down in specific situations after you choke me out two or three (hundred?) times.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen this and a variation where you use your own collar to do the same. It hurts like hell.

For me clock chokes are only a viable option if the opponent isn't always trying to roll to guard. It just makes more sense to maintain position, work for the back, or smash and pass if they try to roll to guard.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best time do a clock choke is when you have collar control from sidemount and then as your opponent turns into you to their knees, you maintain the collar grip and go for the clock choke. Thats the classic move where Wallid Ismael beat Royce Gracie back in the day.