Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/21/2011 1:48am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My biggest problem with the workout posted is not nearly enough volume or intensity. The workout in the OP looks like something an absolute beginner would attempt after ~10 minutes of Googling. If this doesn't describe you, you need to step it up a notch.... or 5.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cardio workouts are anything that gets the heart pumping. If you are in pretty good shape, try running or jogging. If you are not able to do those, just walk. In some ways, walking is superior to running because it is kinder to your joints. You can build up your speed and the length of time you walk.

If you want to do it inside, there are treadmills and elliptical machines that will let you get a good workout in the privacy of your home.

Good Luck!!

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 2:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute.... you mean to tell me there are machines that let you workout in your own home???????

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 1:07pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Wait a minute.... you mean to tell me there are machines that let you workout in your own home???????
    Today, I didn't have to go outside to see if it was raining or not. I used this new "window"-thingy. It's awesome. Everyone should have one.

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But... to see outside, you'd have to have a hole in your wall! Doesn't that make it cold and/or hot, and let the rain into your house? Do you cover it with a piece of wood or something?

Ok ok... enough with the sarcastic jokes, let's stay on topic. Let's keep in mind this is a specialty forum. We can make fun of people in YMAS and Trollshido.

OP: Any workout is better than no workout at all. But you should really consider doing a little more research and developing a well designed workout program. The best advice I can give you is to make sure your physical training program is periodized. This means that every 6-8 weeks or so (less often if you're a beginner) you change the program. Either shift focus and try to develop another physical attribute, or kick it up to the next level. One particular program will only make you better for so long, then you'll stagnate. The best way to keep getting better is to keep making things fresh.

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 2:56pm

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    But... to see outside, you'd have to have a hole in your wall! Doesn't that make it cold and/or hot, and let the rain into your house? Do you cover it with a piece of wood or something?

Ok ok... enough with the sarcastic jokes, let's stay on topic. Let's keep in mind this is a specialty forum. We can make fun of people in YMAS and Trollshido.

OP: Any workout is better than no workout at all. But you should really consider doing a little more research and developing a well designed workout program. The best advice I can give you is to make sure your physical training program is periodized. This means that every 6-8 weeks or so (less often if you're a beginner) you change the program. Either shift focus and try to develop another physical attribute, or kick it up to the next level. One particular program will only make you better for so long, then you'll stagnate. The best way to keep getting better is to keep making things fresh.

What's your view on repeating workouts later down the road? Like for example, lets say i had a really great workout that was very specific, and it worked for...oh 9-10 weeks. After that point i started getting diminishing returns. So i changed it up. Did another one for say...6 weeks, same thing happened. Switched to 1 more new thing. So now it's been several months (lets just say 6 for the sake of argument) since i did that first routine. What's your view on getting results from the one you started with if you started doing it again after all that time?

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends. If you were seeing diminishing returns because you were a beginner, and your new workouts were taking you to the next level, then no, returning to the original workout probably wouldn't bring you much in the way of gains.

But if you're already moderate to advanced, and you changed up your workouts to avoid a plateau, then yes. You could return to the earlier workout and see new gains.

For example, in my own routine, I structure my macrocycles approximately as follows:
    6 weeks of Maximal Strength workouts
    6 weeks of Speed & Power workouts
    6 weeks of Functional / Interesting workouts.
    Then I repeat. As long as I keep the intensity and challenge level high enough to meet me current capabilities, then I will continue to see gains each time I repeat this cycle. But if you went Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced... returning to beginner won't help you.

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2011 8:35am

Style: wingchunkickboxingfencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow you already done some triple so why didNt you do any single?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2011 8:39am

Style: wingchunkickboxingfencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please do the same rep and set scheme for every exercices you do with your chin up you will have a bigger upper body than the lower . Having this muscle imbalance will affect your performance .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12