Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 7:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=It is Fake;2578055]Trust me that is what I have been doing. I've already watched people try to add meaning to your words that I and others did not see. So, this sudden "OMG YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE REST" is quite dubious IMO. Like I said, when I asked before the thread was cleaned no one said there was more. Suddenly, when the focus is taken off you and put squarely on the USJA, LO and behold a new poster and Tripp comeback to say "look at Nick Look at Nick."

This thread was done when you admitted the Rank was questionable and you took none of the tests. That means your 8th Dan is definitely illegitimate according to the rules. The End.

What are we supposed to do, threaten your life and scream how you need to be stripped of ALL ranks? Well, I'm not hounding someone that admits something is wrong right off the bat.[/QUOTE]

Ranks issued by Fugakukai are not in question, and there is really no way to question them or need to do so.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I'm pretty sure markjudo meant to type 12-7-2006. At least that's the date of Lowry's promotion.
    My bad. Copy and paste on my part. Did not even look.

My point, or rather wonderment, is that there was possibly more than rank trading if no records are found. None will be found from Nick himself.

If the actual financial details were not recorded, it would appear that perhaps someone inside pocketed some money. Again, just wondering as it would seem stupid to risk job and reputation for a favor. Greed I can see, as there are those to whom money is all important.

Conspiracy nut?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a very good point Joe. I've been thinking about motive all day. It's a huge risk to the organization for a couple thousand bucks. Not a lot on JA's ballance sheet, but in one person's pocket...

I don't know if anyone besides USA Judo (or a Judge) can force USJA to show the financials on this, but it sure would be interesting to see them.

Let's see who they throw under the bus first...
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 8:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a very good point Joe. I've been thinking about motive all day. It's a huge risk to the organization for a couple thousand bucks.
    However, if this is not just restricted to the (heh) 'G-20'...

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 8:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Ranks issued by Fugakukai are not in question, and there is really no way to question them or need to do so.

Ben
    Dojo rank is Dojo rank. It is legit in that sense and I really don't care in that specific sense. I care when you use it to try and gain legit rank without following specific procedures.

For Markjudo YMAS is Your martial Art Sucks another sub-forum on bullshido. If people didn't like Nick's judo then a thread should have been started in there and then it could be picked it apart.

Now, what I fine extremely funny is this EXACT thing led to a bunch of bullshit about lawyers and lawsuits in another drama thread. Yes, someone digging at wrong things and decided to unceremoniously dump them out in the public.

Even if it called some things into question some of the people, in this very thread, had a hissy fit because, it was an unwarranted attack. I find a ton of the actions not only hypocritical but very ironic out of this entire debacle.

This thread is why I always find Org vs. Dojo ranking issues stupid. No offense to any of you Judo guys, but it reminds me of Wing Chun lineage wars. This is the second thread concerning judo, this year, where people have been thrown under the bus for Dojo vs Org rank in Judo.

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 8:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    However, if this is not just restricted to the (heh) 'G-20'...
    Yes, there is that. I'd say you'd have to get at least 10x more money on the table before USJA would even notice. That implies at least hundreds of people.

BTW a a little bird told me the counter narrative is that they just recognized the eternal ranks from the Geis group. IIRC Lowry was never Hachidan in that org, right? In any case, who cares. Even if true, they didn't do the background checks. One wonders why not?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 11:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW a a little bird told me the counter narrative is that they just recognized the eternal ranks from the Geis group. IIRC Lowry was never Hachidan in that org, right?
    But what possible motive would Geis have for not recognizing Lowry as a hachidan in his own group yet pulling strings to get him recognized as a hachidan by the USJA?

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 11:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Dojo rank is Dojo rank. It is legit in that sense and I really don't care in that specific sense. I care when you use it to try and gain legit rank without following specific procedures.
    Legit care on your part, I agree.

For Markjudo YMAS is Your martial Art Sucks another sub-forum on bullshido. If people didn't like Nick's judo then a thread should have been started in there and then it could be picked it apart.
    That was done on dodgy old Judo Forum, believe it or not.

Now, what I fine extremely funny is this EXACT thing led to a bunch of bullshit about lawyers and lawsuits in another drama thread. Yes, someone digging at wrong things and decided to unceremoniously dump them out in the public.
    Just depends on whose ox is being gored, as usual. And we never saw any video of the other case doing Judo, or anything else for that matter.

Even if it called some things into question some of the people, in this very thread, had a hissy fit because, it was an unwarranted attack. I find a ton of the actions not only hypocritical but very ironic out of this entire debacle.
    Hypocriy is the currency of the realm.

I think that hidden agendas also play a part in these matters, they probably did in the two cases you are comparing. Again, whose ox is being gored?

This thread is why I always find Org vs. Dojo ranking issues stupid. No offense to any of you Judo guys, but it reminds me of Wing Chun lineage wars. This is the second thread concerning judo, this year, where people have been thrown under the bus for Dojo vs Org rank in Judo.
    I don't really care about it either way, unless, as you wrote, someone is trying to use dojo rank to substitute for or obtain "official" rank or equivalent certificates. Part of that is a matter of quality control, which itself is not that tight in even the "official" Judo organizations (in the US at least) as some would have us believe. I guess maybe it's also some sort of turf war as well, in the US at least it's competition for members.

Between the recognized "official" national orgs in the US (USJF, USJA and the NGB, USA Judo) there has always been tension regarding ranking. Much less between USJF and USA Judo. When USJA first separated from the old USJBBF (now USJF), the rancor was acid towards USJA and it's ranking policies and the quality of judoka "produced". I heard a lot of it when I first started Judo in 1979. It was plain nasty, and as a beginner it kind of freaked me out.

So, Judo, despite being widely available, cheap, and effective, range of skill varies inside and outside of organizations, just like anything else. Lineage isn't spoken of as such a lot, but it still exists.

Fact is, if a person has a decent understanding of Judo, the quality of any given persons Judo is self evident pretty quickly, regardless of the officialness of their rank.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 12:51am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post

Fact is, if a person has a decent understanding of Judo, the quality of any given persons Judo is self evident pretty quickly, regardless of the officialness of their rank.
    My feeling exactly.

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 6:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason why the dojo paper vs NGB sanctioned rank thing is a big deal is that the official (NGB) rank is relative to an Olympic sport, supervised by the same WOC that won't let your local pizzaria be called "Nico's Olympic" anymore. It's like converting a diploma that says you're a "Nutritionist" into one that says you're a Dietician.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast