Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    Having heard the stories of my teacher, I know that there are politics in every NGB around the world and that some politics carry from ones country NGB to another countries NGB.
    Judo isn't so cut & dry like everyone believes.
    Which is why my coach keeps his head down, is respectful to everyone who's sensitive and takes care not to tread on toes. He's calmed down from his head strong younger days and now can't be arsed to deal with the hassle of politics.

I don't blame him.

Having had to deal with referees, tournie officials, rank officials etc... and seeing how things can be rough or smooth depending on the political winds makes me want to stay the **** out of it all.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Judo politics can get pretty fucking vicious.

Hence why someone who knows about how vicious Judo politics are, starting a thread they know is going to stir up the pot and which only had one real conclusion - taking on the USJA ranking edifice - was always out to cause a shitstorm and very little else.

I'm not trying to speak for MTripp (he's a big boy) - but don't you think that getting this stuff out in public in might be a good thing for the sport in the long run? Even if it causes drama in the short term?

I mean, there shouldn't be people undeserved getting rank because of who they know, or who their sensei knows, or because someone owed someone a favour, or because someone's been taking back-handers or whatever (if any of that has indeed happened as alleged, which has yet to be proven). Yaknow, what sounds like old boys' network crap.

Maybe The Tripp was concerned that nothing would be done and nothing would change if he contacted the USJA directly, in private?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good, we can have the discussion that almost started in the MABS thread. I'm going to point something out that S.Steve said to me long ago about MABS. It is all about presentation. Go back and read the OP of the original thread.

Now, how is that trying to get anything "out in the public?"

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    I'm not trying to speak for MTripp (he's a big boy) - but don't you think that getting this stuff out in public in might be a good thing for the sport in the long run? Even if it causes drama in the short term?

I mean, there shouldn't be people undeserved getting rank because of who they know, or who their sensei knows, or because someone owed someone a favour, or because someone's been taking back-handers or whatever (if any of that has indeed happened as alleged, which has yet to be proven). Yaknow, what sounds like old boys' network crap.

Maybe The Tripp was concerned that nothing would be done and nothing would change if he contacted the USJA directly, in private?
    Why Lowry? There are a lot of people active in the USJA who were beneficiaries of Porter's rank largese and still involed in things. They run camps, take clinics for money, make promotions etc...

So why Lowry, who seems to be outside of mainstream US Judo?

Because he's a really good mark. For a start the aikido stuff, if anything is guaranteed to get the hackles of the 'useful idiots' up its polluting the might Judo with teh ghey of Aikido. He has a much higher global and web profile than the others - how many outside of the USJA will care about a dodgy 7th dan who gives 2 clinics a year and charges for it but has nothing on the web and isn't tainted with teh ghey of Aikido.

Also the only logical result and or conclusion of taking issue with Lowry's rank is to take on the whole edifice of dodgy rank in the USJA, this is a massive undertaking. Pedro and Rousey DeMars have both had a crack and you would be hard pressed to find two individuals who were more respected and carried more clout in the whole of US Judo, but made no difference and eventually quit.

Why has Tripp only popper in to muddy the waters, throw up strawmen and act like a child?

He started the thread, he kicked off the investigation, it is his responsibility to shoulder the majority of the burden of investigative work. Especially considering his expertise and access to USJA which is streets ahead of basically any other bullshido poster.

The whole thing is a stitch up to achieve two things:

Attention and hopefully, with a positive result, renewed relevancy for Tripp on Bullshido after his ignaminious strop off and flop of his own forum.

Imbroil Bullshido in the collossal **** fight that is USJA ranking and associated butt hurt, bullshit, shenanigans and general headahce. And thus ensure that his return thread drags in lots of posters, generates new posters and is an all round drama epic.

Whole thing is a crock of gayness.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Good, we can have the discussion that almost started in the MABS thread. I'm going to point something out that S.Steve said to me long ago about MABS. It is all about presentation. Go back and read the OP of the original thread.

Now, how is that trying to get anything "out in the public?"
    Well, you might differ on this, but it looks to me as though Tripp was trying to 'stimulate discussion' (or 'stir ****', if you prefer) so that the matter would receive 'coverage' from the judo crowd and general peanut gallery here.

He's obviously got beef with the USJA - but given what's come out since, I wouldn't say that his behaviour was groundless.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A NGB can be best described as a bastion filled with the career politicians of Congres.

If you try to storm it like Don Quichote you will be crushed and if you try to move up in the ranks in the hope that once at the top you can change the politics from the inside out, you will find out fast that to move up you will shake hands, use the ol' boys network and make promises that by the time you reach the top you have become just another politician.

Mtripp didn't want to become a Don Quichote (trust me, nobody wants that) and he's not tactical enough to become a politician.
    So he gets the next best thing, an army of minions storming the bastion and getting chopped to very small pieces in the hopes that it makes enough noise to create a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he gets the next best thing, an army of minions storming the bastion and getting chopped to very small pieces in the hopes that it makes enough noise to create a change.
    I wouldn't disagree with that.

As Judoka_uk mentions, Lowry was just a prominent example that Tripp encountered. Someone that can be used as a stick to smack the USJA upside the head with.

I'm just thinking that if it works - is that a bad thing?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, you might differ on this, but it looks to me as though Tripp was trying to 'stimulate discussion' (or 'stir ****', if you prefer) so that the matter would receive 'coverage' from the judo crowd and general peanut gallery here.

He's obviously got beef with the USJA - but given what's come out since, I wouldn't say that his behaviour was groundless.
    By posting a video and saying more to come? Really? Now how the **** does that stimulate conversation?

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    =
    Well at least someone is clued up as to what game is being played here.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    By posting a video and saying more to come? Really? Now how the **** does that stimulate conversation?
    Oh, right. You were referring to his *very* first post. Sorry, I misunderstood you. Thought that you were speaking about his opening allegations in general.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast