Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 5:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm glad that after 35 pages of bollocks people are finally doing what I've been saying to do from the beginning:

Contact the USJA and start the ethics committee process.

It really didn't need this much faggotry to get here.

Oh and look in the process its turned up a **** ton of other people with dodgy promotions, I never predicted that, oh wait...

Tripp must be toasting his computer, because he's managed to get people all worked up and even managed to goad another Judo high grade to do his fighting with the USJA for him. Meaning that poor guy will carry the weight of all the **** storm that Tripp is too much of a ***** to deal with himself.

Guys, Jimmy Pedro's dad and Annemaria DeMars Roussey sitting on the goddam USJA board couldn't sort out the USJA rank mess and quit. You think Bullshido is going to be able to do what two of the most influential and powerful people in US Judo couldn't?

You're pawns for Tripp's machinations.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 6:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Well I'm glad that after 35 pages of bollocks people are finally doing what I've been saying to do from the beginning:

Contact the USJA and start the ethics committee process.

It really didn't need this much faggotry to get here.

Oh and look in the process its turned up a **** ton of other people with dodgy promotions, I never predicted that, oh wait...

Tripp must be toasting his computer, because he's managed to get people all worked up and even managed to goad another Judo high grade to do his fighting with the USJA for him. Meaning that poor guy will carry the weight of all the **** storm that Tripp is too much of a ***** to deal with himself.

Guys, Jimmy Pedro's dad and Annemaria DeMars Roussey sitting on the goddam USJA board couldn't sort out the USJA rank mess and quit. You think Bullshido is going to be able to do what two of the most influential and powerful people in US Judo couldn't?

You're pawns for Tripp's machinations.
    I'm seeing Markjudo and his club going to the USJF or the USJI after the shitstorm has passed because he and his students are going to get into tough times in promotions and gradings with the USJA.
    I just hope that they aren't going to get flack in the USJF or USJI because
    a) the ol'Boys networks surpass the bounderies of the three NGBs upto the IOC.
    b) most in power in those networks are completely legit, but won't be too happy when someone is messing with their business. Judo is an Olympic sport, so there's much money and prestige involved.

What a lot of people are forgetting that Judo is run as a tight-run-ship (if the other Martial Arts/Combat Sports were run like Judo there would almost be no need for Bullshido to exist), but that on every ship there are some rats, unfortunally on the USJA ship there are some more than on the other ships.

The only way to clean-up a NGB will be from the inside out by people of great authority in that NGB and small step at a time, not by storming the NGB.

About rank/grade in Judo (I have this info from my teacher, who is only a lonely Hachidan ;-p ):
    - 1st through 4th are about mastering the syllabus
    - 5th is about showing that you have made Judo your own
    - 6th through 10th is about politics in running Judo and/or the NGB (in a lot of NGBs you have to be invited before you can even take the exam).

and yes, the Judo of a Hachidan should have to be "better" than the Judo of a Godan, because it is expected that you keep on training in the period between Godan and Hachidan, but these ranks aren't given on perfecting your Judo or teaching them to others.

Now let's just see how one Mark is going to survive this while another Mark is looking from the shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 8:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, no one is forgetting Judo is a "tight ship" because it is not. This is the second such event in the history of the USJA. It is like anything where you find out the rules are written tightly but, only followed by certain people.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I know that even one shady promotion is one too much, but in an art that dates back to 1882 and became Olympic (1964 for men, 1992 for women) there's always some politics and "you scratch my back, I scratch your back" mentality involved.
    Does that mean that I have to like it? No, but lets be realistic, the way Mtripp wants to handle it won't work. It can even have the opposite effect that USJA will close up its ranks and just improve the data in the database so that shady promotions will not stick out anymore.

An NGB can only be improved from the inside out and the two who tried that the last time quit. I'm not seeing the USJI and the IOC put pressure on the USJA for an internal matter.

The Phil Porter era damaged the USJA the worst uptill now.
    This here will depend from how many dubious promotions there are found and how many of them belong to charted clubs and "independent" clubs.
    The USJA has 922 charted clubs, but I can't find how many active members there are and how many there are in the Yudansha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    7/21/2011 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MuayThai, BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is this the same Mark Tripp who got run off the UG?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910