Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 9:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let's take a credential check and turn it into Strawman Soapboxes.

Are you done venting? He is answering questions and providing pictures. Now, it is up to people to check out the story. He said he will come back if necessary.

Read Larus' and my post carefully. Done? Now, I'm pretty sure I said check (cheek) it out. Larus is still investigating things from his end and we just aren't being dicks. I do not expect anyone to hover over the thread until the investigation is done.

I validated his behavior no one said things are done. There isn't anything more he can do. Everything you just suggested needs to be checked out from this end.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let's take a credential check and turn it into Agenda driven maddnes

Cool, I was a little taken aback by what I read as "class dismissed". I have several things I wanted to ask Nick about, but no harm done.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Let's take a credential check and turn it into Agenda driven maddnes

Hence my comment that you need to yell at the USJA not Mr. Lowry. Now, if you are sitting on bombshell information that he is lying then post it up. As for now he has done his part in answering questions, providing a certificate,

Since we are using examples I remember someone getting extremely pissed because, their two friends werent given the same latitude. So, were we supposed to learn from those incident or only apply it to the people you know?

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hence my comment that you need to yell at the USJA not Mr. Lowry. Now, if you are sitting on bombshell information that he is lying then post it up. As for now he has done his part in answering questions, providing a certificate,

Since we are using examples I remember someone getting extremely pissed because, their two friends werent given the same latitude. So, were we supposed to learn from those incident or only apply it to the people you know?
    Obviously everyone should be treated the same. I have no problem with people sticking up for their friends within reason. If you think I am being unfair to Nick let me know where and I will listen.

Right now then only difference f opinion is that I think Nick should accept the fact that he cannot have the rank he feels he was given, and that he should be the one to inform JA that a mistake has been made so that they can correct it. If someone from Bullshido calls them up, he could very well end up stripped of rank. How would that be more fair?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 11:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Obviously everyone should be treated the same.
    No, he should not be treated the way your friends were at all. You learn from those lessons and change for the better.

Anyway I think this thread states his feelings on the USJA.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 11:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, he should not be treated the way your friends were at all. You learn from those lessons and change for the better.
    My intended meaning was that I will try to treat him as I had hoped those other would have been treated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 11:59pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is certainly a preferable scenario to one where Lowry was being untruthful, but I'll say it again: if your uncle Larry pulls strings with the Bar Association to get you licenced to practice Law in your state without ever having passed the bar exam, or having sworn the relevant oaths or passed the relevant background checks, then it is your responsibility to contact the Bar and ask them to take you off the books, and certainly to abstain from practicing Law or giving the impression you have demonstrated the ability to do so. Especially if you knew that something improper happened to get you to that point in the first place.
    But surely you can receive an honorary law degree? After all, Oxford University has been known to give honorary doctorates of civil law to recipients who have not passed any tests.

I'm not saying this was the case, but for clarification, is this not possible with USJA?

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 4:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    his time in grade requirement of 47 years from the award of Shodan was "correct and true" when ony 11 years had elapsed...
    Time in grade is not a rule, but a guideline that can be applied differently by NGBs of different countries and can also be "changed" on a case by case merit.
    It's not carved in stone, but most NGBs will follow IJF or IOC guidelines.

For example: Here in Belgium it's only (minimum) 34 years between Shodan and Hachidan since there's only 1 year between the grades Shodan and Nidan and 1 year between Nidan and Sandan, it's only then that the time in grade of years = new dangrade come in term.

Does that mean that you can do it in 34 years? Theoratically yes, but the two Hachidans in Belgium took +/- 45 years to achieve this grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 8:14am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outis View Post
    It appears from this webpage that Fugakukai bills itself as teaching "Kodokan Judo":

http://www.karlgeis.com/
    Anyone who teaches Judo teaches "Kodokan Judo"; it's the full name of the art. And Geis can legitimately claim to teach it. He has a rather impressive Judo pedigree, actually.

So we're clear: "Olympic Judo" is still Kodokan Judo. Technically, the Kodokan is an independent Judo school that awards its own ranks. It's not even the official governing body for Japan any longer. People from several countries, including the US, can get Kodokan rank. Many others cannot.

Matt: to get Kodokan rank in the US you need USJA or USJF rank. It used to be that USJA and USJF ranks would be honored by the Kodokan with a corresponding Kodokan rank (with possible exceptions at high grades), upon submission of some paperwork and a fee. These days, the Kodokan no longer rubberstamps USJA grades. So, no, Geis can't issue Kodokan rank and his students can't obtain Kodokan rank without going through one of the legitimate national organizations.

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 8:22am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief View Post
    Yes, I am affiliated with the USJA in an official capacity. I am a current member of the BOD.
    So you are saying that when Dr. Demars wrote that she was resiging because, "...it became clear to me that the infighting, petty jealousies and personal agendas had degenerated to such a point that it would be impossible for me to work with the United States Judo Association Board." that it had nothing to do with this issue, and you dont think that you're position as currently being on the BOD of the organization taints your point of view?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast