Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 6:45pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another recommendation for Sea-Town SAMBO. Aaron's a great instructor, and it's a really good group of folks. Coming from a Judo background, you'll be able to use your stand-up skills regularly, in addition to lots of groundwork. We've also got several good heavyweights to play with.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 9:43am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RynoGreene View Post
    Another recommendation for Sea-Town SAMBO. Aaron's a great instructor, and it's a really good group of folks. Coming from a Judo background, you'll be able to use your stand-up skills regularly, in addition to lots of groundwork. We've also got several good heavyweights to play with.
    Emphasis mine. Good!!

My club had a few bigger guys, but nobody near my skill, and weight. I found it plenty frustrating, it's good to know that I shouldn't have as hard a time out west.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2011 11:57pm

Style: yellow bamboo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for Judo,theres the Emarald City Dojo in Redmond. But I'm not too sure about their adult program. I know their main emphasis is on kids. But I train up north, and you're welcome to come visit. We have a few big guys. And I have no problem rolling with big guys,either.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2011 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I miss Seattle ...

Aaron's school is highly recommended and there's also the Seattle Dojo for judo (founded in 1902, oldest dojo in the US).

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 1:35pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I miss Seattle ...

Aaron's school is highly recommended and there's also the Seattle Dojo for judo (founded in 1902, oldest dojo in the US).
    I looked into the Seattle Dojo. My only issue with them is the fact they only have two classes a week, and the adult classes run till 10pm. Though I'm sure I'll stop in for a visit.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123