Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 12:01pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bagua Cane/Crutch/Guai

I've been looking for more information on the intertubes regarding Bagua cane forms and applications, but I haven't been able to find any short of that video and description saying that cane forms are practiced.

Does anyone else have any information on the use of the cane in Bagua, or could they point me towards books/websites that have some more information?

Thanks in advance.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 5:22pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think it's Ba Gua at all. It's more like standard Cane Master technique-Kata. I've done some of it the past - many of his blocks, strikes etc I've done previously but not to his standard - and will be going to a seminar in the next 10 days. I'll speak to Robin Dawkins and post in due course.I myself do not know Mr Dawkins but my sensei does so I'll speak to both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 6:42pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't bother with learning that, but if you are interested in doing what he's doing in that form to any real effect, take up some decent stick fighting art and you'll be twice as good as him in no time (if they have you actually spar and hit things).