Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 3:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilenzo View Post
    I didn't know there existed places advertising ufc training.

I is sad!
    There are. There are also places that train in "Ultimate Fighting" style. That is actually what is advertised on the dojo. So, not everyone who says they do ufc training is a tool (although most are), they may simply come from a school that is run by tools and not know any better.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey View Post
    What a moron. This guy still trains at your place?
    Its not my place. Its an open mat at one of the gyms on base. At lunch a lot of guys come in to roll, hit pads, spar, etc. He still comes in from time to time but AFAIK he hasn't tried any of the **** again.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouch View Post
    my favorite are the guys who compete in these local "MMA" fights. you ask were they train and they're all like..

"well, me and some buddies train in my basement. we glove up and just fight forever. we also do alot of pad drills.."

me-"who teaches you?"

moron-"i bought some gracie videos and watch alot of UFC. so i pretty much got it."

me-*double-handed facepalm*

this convo usually ends with their record being 24-1
    In Augusta we had a group like that. Three guys all trained in this one guys garage. They demolished by our guys in a grappling tournament and then by our fighters at an XK event downtown. They came in to train with us and were DIRTY. After their visit the whole gym got STAPH!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 5:28pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    "Hey, by the way, I train modern dance and it has spins and leaps, it's totally a different game...so..."

"Bro, don't think you are tougher than me, cuz i dance , if we did a dance off with you, since that you only train in bjj and i also mastered the other things, i would kick your ass"

"Bro, I normally do ballet and it has pirouettes, it's a different game, you know, you do these MT stuff but in ballet we just wear tights."
    Since many of us have encountered such individuals as Necroyunus described in the OP, I have devised a solution. Just visualize them saying the above quotes and you'll be much less angry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 5:52pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think "tough" guys like this are halarious... They pay for a month of training, then don't show up again after getting rolled up.
    Last edited by Sneaky Pete; 7/15/2011 5:55pm at . Reason: Didn't finish my sentence, like a big dummy.

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's also great when someone says they're a boxer because they used to put on some gloves and punch each other in the basement...

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 11:25pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    They came in to train with us and were DIRTY. After their visit the whole gym got STAPH!!!
    Ugh, your guys should've massacred their guys for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 8:38pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    We had a guy come into our gym and was raving how Muay Thai was this and Muay Thai was that. I smiled and told him to come to the Muay Thai classes. He never did. He just wanted to do his own thing. Then he got lit up by one of our striking coaches. Later I find out he had only been doing Muay Thai for maybe 2 years. Then he opened his own gym. In a short time he had to close down his gym. Then he asked if he could rent some space from me and I told it would be a conflict of interest. He completely forgot we had a Muay Thai class already.
    Haha...

We had one guy over here, who was a blue belt in bjj. (But one of THOSE blue belts, thinking they are black belts and know everything)
    But this guy only used to show up after the instructor left.
    And he used to gather the guys around and "teach" them some stuff.
    He is a good talker too so all the white belts would gather around and listen to him.
    This went on for a while but me and and an instructor talked with the main teacher and he didn't like it.
    So the guy was warned and he stopped coming to the classes.
    Instead, gym hired him as "self-defense" teacher. (I have no idea how it ended up like this or what this guys experience on teaching self defense is)
    He used to wear a gi for that class with a belt on...but that was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.
    This guy's belt had "all colours"
    so it is like, 1/5 white, 1/5 blue, 1/5 purple, 1/5 brown, 1/5 black :S
    His self defense classes went on for some time then they were ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post

Recently during lunch time at the gym I was rolling with a guy who said he had done JJ before. Well I quickly take him down get side mount then mount. Didn't think anything of it because that's what usually happens. Most of the guys that are good will usually stop me form getting mount or quickly escape mount but when it comes to take downs its generally mine. I am posted on all for in mount and I notice his hand shoot up. He tried to spear me in the throat. Usually when I'm pissed I try to hide it by acting silly so I said, "Miss me miss me now ya gotta kiss me!" I drop my weight on him and start making kissing sounds. The fucker tries to reach under me toward my nuts. I pass his arm under me and get s mount then mounted triangle. His other arm is trying to paw and push on my face but I just keep moving it away and squeezing my legs. I didn't want to submit him just make him miserable. Me singing "My nut sack brings all the boyz to the yard" didn't help. He finally give up and taps. I was about to lecture him when he hops up and ask to go again. I say sure and notice he is in a fighting stance not a grappling one. I'm getting pissed and I know the other guys were noticing it but wondering if the say something or not. I get him and take him down. While going down he is trying to do something to me but didn't care. I get mount and he goes for the groin I raised my hand up like and exaggerated palm strike and slammed the mat next to head. The guys thought I lost it and were coming to drag me off him. But I said the guy in a very calm voice, "NEVER escalate the level of violence in a fight you are losing and WTF are you doing in the first place." He was scared and stammered he thought it was fight training and anything goes. I told him that he should go over the parameters of the training before you start. I also said if he wanted to go all out then we can do that but we need to put on gear. He declined but since then he has made sure he asks his training partner what they want to do.
    I would pay to see that haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2011 4:07pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu - Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    taking mma classes without having some experience at other styles is pretty priceless in my opinion

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 8:18pm

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had roll with the RSBD guy again last night. At the beginning of the class, the instructor said "No small joint manipulation, neckcranks, etc." and he was looking right at the RSBD guy, even the instructor knows he is a dirty cheating ****.

Anyway, I did single leg with relative ease, got full mount and spin around for a Juji gatame. Of course this was not competition and I didn't crank the arm. He did like a bicep curl and my grip slipped, instead of rolling out doing the armbar escape like a normal person should, he rolled to his side, back towards me and grabbed my ankle and cranked my big toe like motorbike really fucking hard. Instead of tapping, I took bullshido's advice and gave him flurry of axe kick to kidneys and let go after the 3rd axe kick.

He was going break my toe without any remorse. Rest of the night I was so fucking pissed off at him. Not only that, it was the accumulation of things that happen every week, like elbowing in the shins and thighs, really dangerous moves like finger locks and retarded wrist locks, giving me shitty instructions, etc. whilst the instructor is doing something else. I am really over it and intruding with the sport I love.

(Retarded RBSDer)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast