7/15/2011 5:22am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I get it the other way round

'This is judo, stop kicking people in the nuts!'
    Funny you should say that.
    There was this new dude in Sub. Grappling class whose background is RBSD. During randori, I had the chance to roll with him, he failed his crappy double leg, and I countered with gentle hikkomi gaeshi, got top mount and let him escape full mount with the technique we learnt in class. Once I had him close guard, he went aggro for no reason and elbow 3 time in the nuts. I was like wtf.

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 7:08am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yottabit View Post
    Funny you should say that.
    There was this new dude in Sub. Grappling class whose background is RBSD. During randori, I had the chance to roll with him, he failed his crappy double leg, and I countered with gentle hikkomi gaeshi, got top mount and let him escape full mount with the technique we learnt in class. Once I had him close guard, he went aggro for no reason and elbow 3 time in the nuts. I was like wtf.
    There's a couple of guys like that at my Judo class. There's an Aikidoka, a guy with wrestling expereince and a boxer, all white belts like myself.

In every class, in every randori they spazz out and resort to thier base arts and attempt fruity wrist locks or even light punches. The wrestler does pretty well standing up but only with wrestling takedowns, his judo tachiwaza is terrible.

What's the point in taking an art if you're going to **** the bed and cheat every time. They're wasting their time, my time and the excuses for when they get caught punching etc are just pathetic.

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 7:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time someone punched me in Judo, I punched them back.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see a begginer pannicing when pinned hard, maybe with restricted breathing. I still get claustrophobic somtimes. But it violates some sacred trust to strike your partner when doing pure grappling, especially in the nuts. I always wear a groin guard, what ever style I am training in. Last night I was standing fighting with a fellow in the club and he attempted uchi-mata, but ended up hitting my groin with his leg instead. It was just a tap but without the guard I would have been all man hurt for 5 mins. You all know the feeling!
    He was all sorry, but I just laughed it off. I love my groin guard!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:02am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was doing kickboxing a guy came in to learn how to kick box, and said he did Gracie ju jitsu, but as soon as I started out striking him he kept trying to tackle me over and over again despite the coaches protests. More recently at my mma school, I did No gi jujitsu with some guy. Biggish dude, scars on head, tattoed head to toe. After a minute or two, he asked how much I weighed because "Normally he can just overpower everybody" but couldn't against me. So we keep rolling, I'm tossing him around, then BAM! I feel a head butt. I'm thinking hey probably an accident and BAM! Another head butt to the face, I go whoa and fall back to pull guard and that's when I see an elbow coming down straight at my noggin. Had to dodge it and take his back and just hold him there for 3 or 4 minutes cause everyone was busy rolling and couldn't see this guy was losing it. Weirdo.

And yeah, people say that **** sometimes. I find the best recourse is, for instance if they say "I could've done this and that if it was mma" or whatever, Just say, OK. Let's do it again with strikes.

My son is 5 and does jujitsu now and kickboxing and he is the youngest one out of the group he trains with. Some kid slapped him one day and tried to hit him while they were doing gi jujitsu from standup, the kid was frustrated my son could beat him cause he was so much smaller. So my kid did just what judoka said, he looked at the other kid like he was a dumb ass and popped him one right in the nose. The other kid cried. That's what these douche bags need, just call them out on their bullshit and teach em a lesson.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:49am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey View Post
    When I was doing kickboxing a guy came in to learn how to kick box, and said he did Gracie ju jitsu, but as soon as I started out striking him he kept trying to tackle me over and over again despite the coaches protests. More recently at my mma school, I did No gi jujitsu with some guy. Biggish dude, scars on head, tattoed head to toe. After a minute or two, he asked how much I weighed because "Normally he can just overpower everybody" but couldn't against me. So we keep rolling, I'm tossing him around, then BAM! I feel a head butt. I'm thinking hey probably an accident and BAM! Another head butt to the face, I go whoa and fall back to pull guard and that's when I see an elbow coming down straight at my noggin. Had to dodge it and take his back and just hold him there for 3 or 4 minutes cause everyone was busy rolling and couldn't see this guy was losing it. Weirdo.

And yeah, people say that **** sometimes. I find the best recourse is, for instance if they say "I could've done this and that if it was mma" or whatever, Just say, OK. Let's do it again with strikes.
    Yes, but if you were as evil as me you would've choked him unconscious and then taken a picture of it so he would believe you when he came to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 10:13am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Last time someone punched me in Judo, I punched them back.
    Funny. Last time at thaiboxing class, there was a new guy who had been doing jiu jitsu for a while. At the end of the class, we sparred a bit. Everything started out pretty normal when he suddenly began throwing wild haymakers to get close to me and started grabbing me (with 10 oz gloves). First, I had no clue what to do but then I figured, what the heck, his head was close to me right armpit anyway so I put him in a (probably very crappy, I don't know any wrestling at all) front headlock thing and just leaned on him, which caused him to let go.

He apologized many times afterwards. I didn't really mind, I thought it was fun. He only told me afterwards that in jiu jitsu sparring he's used to throwing a couple of punches to close in etc.

Tl, dr.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey View Post

My son is 5 and does jujitsu now and kickboxing and he is the youngest one out of the group he trains with. Some kid slapped him one day and tried to hit him while they were doing gi jujitsu from standup, the kid was frustrated my son could beat him cause he was so much smaller. So my kid did just what judoka said, he looked at the other kid like he was a dumb ass and popped him one right in the nose. The other kid cried. That's what these douche bags need, just call them out on their bullshit and teach em a lesson.
    I would have mauled that guy.

Recently during lunch time at the gym I was rolling with a guy who said he had done JJ before. Well I quickly take him down get side mount then mount. Didn't think anything of it because that's what usually happens. Most of the guys that are good will usually stop me form getting mount or quickly escape mount but when it comes to take downs its generally mine. I am posted on all for in mount and I notice his hand shoot up. He tried to spear me in the throat. Usually when I'm pissed I try to hide it by acting silly so I said, "Miss me miss me now ya gotta kiss me!" I drop my weight on him and start making kissing sounds. The fucker tries to reach under me toward my nuts. I pass his arm under me and get s mount then mounted triangle. His other arm is trying to paw and push on my face but I just keep moving it away and squeezing my legs. I didn't want to submit him just make him miserable. Me singing "My nut sack brings all the boyz to the yard" didn't help. He finally give up and taps. I was about to lecture him when he hops up and ask to go again. I say sure and notice he is in a fighting stance not a grappling one. I'm getting pissed and I know the other guys were noticing it but wondering if the say something or not. I get him and take him down. While going down he is trying to do something to me but didn't care. I get mount and he goes for the groin I raised my hand up like and exaggerated palm strike and slammed the mat next to head. The guys thought I lost it and were coming to drag me off him. But I said the guy in a very calm voice, "NEVER escalate the level of violence in a fight you are losing and WTF are you doing in the first place." He was scared and stammered he thought it was fight training and anything goes. I told him that he should go over the parameters of the training before you start. I also said if he wanted to go all out then we can do that but we need to put on gear. He declined but since then he has made sure he asks his training partner what they want to do.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 2:25pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a moron. This guy still trains at your place?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 2:51pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my favorite are the guys who compete in these local "MMA" fights. you ask were they train and they're all like..

"well, me and some buddies train in my basement. we glove up and just fight forever. we also do alot of pad drills.."

me-"who teaches you?"

moron-"i bought some gracie videos and watch alot of UFC. so i pretty much got it."

me-*double-handed facepalm*

this convo usually ends with their record being 24-1
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast