Thread: Intro

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Intro

Hello forum

I am Krijgsman, and figured I would introduce myself after lurking a while since the little yellow box at the top of the screen keeps berating me to post.

I did a few years of TKD since it was the only martial art available in the entire county I lived in most of my life.

Then I moved to Idaho. I did 6 months of no-gi grappling until I got roughed up by an overzealous kimura and also ran out of money.

I intend to join one of the two muay thai gyms that are within a mile or two of my house as soon as I get a new job and can afford it. Conveniently, they both also have MMA and grappling classes so I fully intend to make good use of that as well.

And, on a personal note, my biggest martial arts regret is that, growing up, my schools didn't have wrestling (the public schools did, though) and so I missed out on a really good martial art and really good MMA base.

Thats all.

Style
    KK
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    And, on a personal note, my biggest martial arts regret is that, growing up, my schools didn't have wrestling (the public schools did, though) and so I missed out on a really good martial art and really good MMA base.

Thats all.
    Welcome! I don't think you need to regret this, if it wasn't available. My biggest MA regret is that my schools DID have wrestling available and I didn't take advantage of it. Now I'm 30, way behind on grappling and getting tapped by 19 year olds who did wrestle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a ************...

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah, that sounds familiar. My time in no-gi grappling was spent getting choked out by teenagers who I outweighed by a good 40 lbs who had something to prove, and then finally working with the older more mature students who actually bothered to help me out and teach me technique.