232263 Bullies, 3897 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 56
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Grey Owl is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    560

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 1:10pm


     Style: Karate, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The martial art that survives with the general public will be the one that has the best movie made about it.

    How many people tried out Aikido because of Segal or Muay Thai because of Tony Jaa? The art itself was probably of little interest to them.

    I suspect that initially the art itself is of little importance it is only an introduction into a deeper world and not everyone cares enough to dig.
  2. Kovacs is online now
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,562

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 1:33pm


     Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouch View Post
    i disagree. training for the ring is totally different then self-defense. which is something the chun strongly addresses. as opposed to your "wrasslin"
    So training to deal with a trained, aggressive and committed opponent who will have a myriad of tried and tested combat techniques in both striking and grappling is not self-defence how?

    Last time I checked combat athletes, pro or am did incredibly well in self defence situations.
  3. doofaloofa is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 1:48pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouch View Post
    i disagree. training for the ring is totally different then self-defense. which is something the chun strongly addresses. as opposed to your "wrasslin"
    If person trains hard at blocking blows and striking back surely they are in a good position to defend themself, a way better position than someone who does not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    The martial art that survives with the general public will be the one that has the best movie made about it.

    How many people tried out Aikido because of Segal or Muay Thai because of Tony Jaa? The art itself was probably of little interest to them.
    I only took up judo because of ***** Galore!
  4. Grey Owl is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    560

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 2:36pm


     Style: Karate, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many things I took up because of ***** Galore.
  5. doofaloofa is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 3:13pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    There are many things I took up because of ***** Galore.


    I LOVE *****
  6. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    995

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 3:36pm


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    The martial art that survives with the general public will be the one that has the best movie made about it.

    How many people tried out Aikido because of Segal or Muay Thai because of Tony Jaa? The art itself was probably of little interest to them.

    I suspect that initially the art itself is of little importance it is only an introduction into a deeper world and not everyone cares enough to dig.
    I know seeing Seagal played a part in me taking up thaiboxing.
  7. atomicpoet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    876

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 3:44pm


     Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    The martial art that survives with the general public will be the one that has the best movie made about it.
    By that criteria, I guess boxing will always be around.
  8. doofaloofa is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    7/16/2011 4:16pm


     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  9. SilverGlove is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    finland
    Posts
    47

    Posted On:
    7/17/2011 5:06am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Maybe not in Finland...because your all either pissed on vodka, or have no will to live due to seasonal affective disorder
    :TrollDad:
    You are telling me that you can take on this dudes?



    keep dreaming.
  10. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    995

    Posted On:
    7/17/2011 5:12am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGlove View Post
    You are telling me that you can take on this dudes?



    keep dreaming.
    The 'fro alone wins by default.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.