225259 Bullies, 3536 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 1:19am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Open Letter to Dana White

It's been known by a few people that, during the process of MMA failing to be sanctioned in New York, I collected a lot of information indicating that the company Zuffa hired to run the campaign for MMA in New York was doing so dishonest and blatantly stupid things.

I compiled a summary of this information into the form of an open letter to Dana White, which was only to be printed if Global Strategy's faulty information cropped up again in a damaging way.

On the Oppie and Anthony show, Dana White answered a question based on what Global Strategy fed him and that's exactly what happened.

Even though the letter doesn't blame Zuffa for any of the problems it outlines, point of fact it goes through great lengths not to, I understand that, if taken the wrong way, this letter could torpedo any future working relationship my publication and I have with the most important promotion in MMA.

So, I stared at my unprinted letter for 8 hours today instead of working. Then I ranted like a crazy person to some of my friends about how, for the sake of the truth and the sport, I had to do it and I had to do it, tonight. Then got the balls and actually did it, link below:

http://uscombatsports.com/index.php?...228&Itemid=325

As a contractual matter, everything I write for USCS remains exclusive for 24 hours, otherwise I'd post more than the link. Tomorrow I'll be sending it to every MMA news media I'm friendly with for repost. This may be nothing new to many of you guys close to the goings on, but it's important that this gets out.

Also, if I'm going to get intro trouble, it's the same amount of trouble whether 10 people read this or 10 million. So, spread it around. I don't want to take that risk for nothing.

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 2:59am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope that letter gets read by everyone involved with the situation, but especially those in positions of power at Zuffa. While I haven't followed consistently the events you describe, your earlier reporting (combined with a few other sources) has made clear even to me what's actually going on.

That such a cogent summary is somewhat awkward to read underscores the variety of fractured realities being brought to bear in anti-MMA politics. You write very well, and such scenarios do tend to strain syntax.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 3:13am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't follow politics in New York particularly closely, so a lot of what was written there is new to me, but I've decided to post a link to this article on my facebook page because seeing MMA gain legitimacy is important to me. Also, I don't like it when unions are scapegoated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 4:53am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a good article Lampa.
    I like your writing, and I hope it hits its mark.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 6:10am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted a link on my facebook page. I hope your letter gets the attention that it deserves.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 7:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work Lampa.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @PL It's not clear to me that Zuffa even wants Global Strategies to advance the legalization issue in NY; it seems more like they directed GS to ensure that no one else gets control of the NY media market, which, if accomplished by not really trying to get MMA legalize in that state, works just fine.

I thought you might like to know that dispite UNITE HERE having a presence in Boston, no one at the union was even aware of the issue between Zuffa and the Nevada chapter (or even what Zuffa was). As you know, the UFC has been in Boston recently. See my point?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 12:04pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not ignorant of certain possibilities. Trying not to give anything away, let's just say that reality and public persona are not always the same. But, a letter addressed to a public persona, if it gets enough attention, must be answered by that persona, rather than reality.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 1:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya. Just thought I'd toss it out there.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!