Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:21am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Meh. People put too much emphasis on personal comfort. Nothing makes you tougher than being in the suck. It helps put life into perspective.
    See, this is kinda my thought as well. I've lived a relatively easy life so far, and I think maybe I could use a little difficulty, and discipline.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:26am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Of course if I were to go the career route, it would be with the intention of being an officer. Either by completing my degree beforehand, or doing the degree during my first couple years as Enlisted, or going through OCS.
    Getting picked up for OCS, even if you're a stellar sergeant, can be difficult. Do ROTC. They pay for school and besides... the first year you do ROTC there's no obligation to stick with it. You get school paid for and all you have to do is go run early in the morning, assuming they still do that.

On further point on choosing an MOS that's employable afterwards. Sure, I could get a job using my military training, but I don't particularly feel like doing law enforcement. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, this is kinda my thought as well. I've lived a relatively easy life so far, and I think maybe I could use a little difficulty, and discipline.
    Definitely. Finish school. Become an officer. Be a groundpounder for a while. It's not like you'll be stuck doing that your entire career. Then you can walk around the rest of your career with a fruit salad on your chest while all your pogue buddies have three ribbons. It will be the most rigorous time of your career and probably what you will look back on with the most pride.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Getting picked up for OCS, even if you're a stellar sergeant, can be difficult. Do ROTC. They pay for school and besides... the first year you do ROTC there's no obligation to stick with it. You get school paid for and all you have to do is go run early in the morning, assuming they still do that.
    Getting picked for OCS is EASY! Its about following directions and turning in a COMPLETE packet. Most of the time if a person gets turned down for OCS is because the didn't properly complete the packet. Best way to ensure that you do is to get the packet of someone who has got picked up AND completed OCS.

Tae_Bo,

Finish school, period. I don't care what route you take a degree will help you out. It gives you a bargaining chip when dealing with the recruiter in picking a MOS (don't let them BS you. If need be give me a call and I will call them.) If you go Officer you will be like all other College Ops but you'll be an Officer.

Also **** all that Infantry BS (mind you even though I'm not Inf I spent most my enlisted career in Infantry units). There is enough suck to go around. If you really want to hard come here to Bragg. Go to Airborne school and/or Ranger school and there is a wide spectrum of badass here to go around. It better to be badass AND have a useful skill set to fall back on.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    as a commissioned officer you get two options of enrolling in the Degree Completion Program (DCP). You can do it for undergrad and graduate degrees. If you get in the program you have get up to 18 months to go to school. You get full pay and allowance and all you do is go to school. All you will have to do is let the Student Detachment know you're alive every 6 months and that really it. The only time I put on a uniform in the last 8 months was to do my promotion ceremony and SpecOps interview.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you a person who is not happy unless you are miserable? Then go for it. Some mouthbreathers people love being in infantry. After all where would this country be without people who get off on being underpaid because they can get discipline with the suck?
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 7/14/2011 5:16pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 6:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If pogues got it, they wouldn't be pogues in the first place.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 7:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gezere, I appreciate that, quite a lot. You'll have to tell me how you accomplished all of that. Side note, a good friend of mine, a captain serving the Army, just recently moved to Bragg. And she's a reasonable hot fitness model too so... bonus.

Took the ASVAB for real today. Got a 99. I can share the scores in more detail if you think it matters.. but I'm not entirely sure how much the ASVAB does or doesn't matter.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 8:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gezere, I appreciate that, quite a lot. You'll have to tell me how you accomplished all of that. Side note, a good friend of mine, a captain serving the Army, just recently moved to Bragg. And she's a reasonable hot fitness model too so... bonus.
    Hot Captain at Bragg. If she's single she won't be for long.

Took the ASVAB for real today. Got a 99. I can share the scores in more detail if you think it matters.. but I'm not entirely sure how much the ASVAB does or doesn't matter.
    It won't matter its about getting what you want from the recruiter. I scored a 99 and the first thing the offered me was Cook, Infantry, and Heavy Mechanic. I looked at him sideways. When you figure out what you want stick to that. Remember you are not obligated until you swear in.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 8:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also VERY important point,

No matter what route you go plan your exit strategy from the star. There is way too much out there to join the military and get out without a plan. If you don't have a degree, get one or two I, if you have one get a grad degree, get certifications, NETWORK head hunters are always around. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! Put something away so when you get out you have a next egg so you have time to look for your next job.

With ROTC, PLEASE keep in mind that if you are NOT in the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Coast Guard/etc none of that time counts. You might be a little, very little, better than someone off the streets. If you come in acting like you been in because you were in ROTC you will be eaten alive. I will do it personally. I try to get this through cadets heads 4 yrs of West Point means just that not 4 yrs in the Army.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 8:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Finish school, period. I don't care what route you take a degree will help you out. It gives you a bargaining chip when dealing with the recruiter in picking a MOS (don't let them BS you.
    You have 70 hours. I completed 62 in 15 months because, I wanted more grant/scholarship money. If I went to that final semester of summer school, it would have been exactly a year and a few days.

Googling various colleges in your area, the undergrad range is 120-126 so, enroll and by this time next year you'll be done.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast