Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross66 View Post
    How is a 50 kG female going to defend herself against a 130kg+ man? arm locks, grappling or strikes designed to earn points in a competition, REALLY ??
    are you telling 50kg women that they are now capable of beating up 130kg men?

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Internal Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe a good martial art is not to learn about "beating up" other people, it is about improving yourself and in the process learning how to defend yourself.

I can confidently say every lady and man that has trained at the school for a long time can defend themselves against much larger / stronger attackers.
    The short answer to danno's question is YES.

The chances of a succssful outcome in a self defence situation increase the longer a person trains, after a few weeks your chances will improve dramatically.

You can not learn self defense reading about it in posts here or books, magazines, DVD.'s etc.
    The only way to learn correctly is come to the school and learn for yourself.
    The school is restricted to people 16 years of age and over.
    If you want to go around starting fights, "beating up" people please go elsewhere.

Come along and see the real thing for yourself.
    there is no pressure to sign up, no one asking you to sign contracts, if you don't like what you see, simply walk away.

Don't forget to say hello to me when you come (I'm the guy with the grey belt).

Ross

Mondays Wednesday and Fridays, 6.30 pm unit 1/5-7 Deadman Road, Moorebank, Sydney 2170

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 6:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can not resist asking danno about his picture what is up with a bird without wings? even with arnold schwarzenegger's arms its going to be in trouble when it realises it's stuck in a tree LOL
    Big muscles are totally useless if they are not used the right way.

the right tools for the right job. Kung fu for self defense other stuff for sport

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 6:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do kung fuers write dissertations that rarely answer anything?

Culled:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76815

Tired ass street vs sport BS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 6:47pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvKungFu View Post
    The big advantages of the school and the thing i enjoyed most was the 'internal' classes conducted every second friday after class. In these class i learnt, meditation, self hypnosis, herbs, accupressure, massage, chi development, traditional forms, jings, chin na and the list goes on.
    It sounds to me you are looking more for a religious experience with the trappings of a martial art rather than a martial art itself. If this is the case, good luck in your endeavours, but don't be surprised if your skills aren't up to snuff in a situation that may require them.

If this is not the case, I encourage you to spar with a boxer, wrestler, or judoka at an equivalent development level as you and see if your martial art can hold its own.

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what happened to my posts explaining the real situation? it appears to me that someone is trying to use this site to discredit a real martial art school that has withstood the test of time.
    to whoever the person is who deleted my posts have the courage to leave everyones coments available to be seen.
    I am not paid to advertise for the school I am just one of hundreds of students that know how good Gary's school is.
    I assume you cowards will delete this post to

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 7:29pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the rules of the website. You guys have bumped a two years old thread and didn't answered any of the questions proposed. So, you now have a thread of your own to tell people about the virtues of this school.

When you decide to answer any of these questions:

since we have you here, would you care to help me out?
    could you perhaps explain the hsingi ground fighting that was mentioned?
    describe it for me maybe? it seems you guys have a concrete floor in the pictures and hsingi isn't really known for ground fighting... do you do throws? actually work on the ground such as in grappling styles? or is it more like kempo where you get your opponent to the ground and use a "finishing" move on him?
    There are no submission styles in CMA.
    What did you discover about Gary Martin's Gold Sash (10th Duanwei) grading? Who did he do it with? Really interested in hearing about this and his experiences of same.
    Now, do yourself a favor and put your e-penis away.
    You can post in the other thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 7:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Merged:
    YMAS Version: Gary Martin Kung Fu
    Gary Martin Kung Fu. (Newbietown one post wonder MABS cull.)

Pay attention to the dates as you go through this merged thread. All of the posts, from various years, have the same tone. Someone says "it is great for your life, great for the street, come see the school, IIF is a meanie."

Notice, only one person has tried to address the questions form the MABS thread. Same cheerleading different year.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/12/2011 7:57pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    about 8 years ago, shortly before i quit TKD, i met this girl who trained at a different school. they did both hapkido and taekwondo. they trained for self defense, not sport.

not sure how our conversation ended up here, but she started talking about how a female black belt (in both HKD and TKD) at her school was beaten, dragged around by her hair and raped by a couple of guys. the girl telling the story said she was shocked that 2 untrained men could dominate a black belt like that. i mean, she's a black belt.

after this incident occurred, the school decided to teach ground fighting. i have no idea who was teaching the new ground fighting syllabus or what their qualifications were, if they had any experience at all.

i find it disturbing that the victim may have felt she could handle a situation like that - because her fellow student certainly felt that she should have been able to.

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 9:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the question re HsingI ground fighting was explained pages back that our ground fighting is Pa Qua
    Yes the floor is concrete, your point is?

Our techniques are taught to those who make the efort to train hard and by doing so demonstrate they are traing for the right reasons ie not a meathead who wnats to go around insulting others and picking fights.

It seems to me that your are happy to insult others with empty threats about slapping the taste out of my mouth and not listen to answers that have already been provided.

I have had a few chats with Gary over the years that involved his gradings. I am in no doubt about the authenticity.
    What makes you so important that Gary should justify himself to you? The information is reserved for students that have earned his respect over time and hard work and is never provided as justification and I hope it stays that way.

Mr Fake can you only feel good about yourself by critising and insulting others? I feel truely sorry for you and hope that you find what you are looking for in life.

In regard to the comment about bumping an old thread I am sure there was recent activity this month before I commented.

To anyone who found this thread by typing Gary Martin into Google as I did (I can never remember the website address for the school) if you are thinking of training there please ignore all the dribble that has been posted in this thread and go along and see for yourself.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast