222454 Bullies, 4405 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Teaching Kids

So I was running my pre-teen/teen class up at the gym yesterday, and at the end I decided to let them play a game. The game was beat up Jim (me) while I would spar them using very limited techniques imitating various Martial Arts styles. I told them that they had the tools to counter whatever I was doing as long as they didn't go head to head with whatever technique I was focused on, and worked around it.

First kid up, I said I was doing Karate, and essentially stalked the ring in a wide stance, reverse punching and front kicking. At first he got booted a bit, but then figured out how to side step - circle and out-box me till he had me on the ropes. /gg

Second kid, I said I was doing TKD, and left my hands at my sides, bouncing around, sidekicking. He closed the gap after a kick, and leg sweeped me into side mount. /gg

Third kid, was the littlest one there, at only 8 years old and 4 feet or so tall. I decided to let him face my legendary deadly Monkey Kung Fu! After a minute or so of backfisting and tumbling about the ring, he caught up to me and tried to pin me in kesa. As his arm slipped under my neck I felt a bit of pressure on the side of my head and tapped out to an eargrind..

...I never saw it coming.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 9:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hoshinjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love the last lesson. I have been instructing my three sons since they could walk in hoshinjutsu.an art i found to be very enlightening.My youngest son now 19 excellerated very quickly.and in true form of the art i find myself learning from my student often. As the late dr glenn morris once told us in class a true teacher not only teaches but also learns from his students.
    Last edited by mutsashi1; 7/12/2011 9:23am at . Reason: wanted to post a quote from my former instructor.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 9:37am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW: You do know we have a coaches corner for this. Just saying.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 10:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't help but think that this thread is an elaborate "make Rudy cry" setup.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 10:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha! LOVE kids! One of my black belts was playing around with my (then) 3 yr old son, he leaned over and brought his face down and my son promptly roundhouse kicked him in the head...HARD!!

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 11:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I can't help but think that this thread is an elaborate "make Rudy cry" setup.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 11:18am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have great craic wrestling with my two. When they cooperate they are quite a handfull
    I hope one day they can kick my arse

As well as generally improving thier ground work over years they have also discovered the power of the nut shot, so I have to wear a groin guard these days!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 1:55pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, I love it when I get the chance to show up to my 6 year old daughters BJJ classes.
    She's been doing it for over two years now. Technique wise she is awesome. The aggression... well... hopefully that will come down the road. She is a blast to watch roll. It's too damn cute.

My buddy texted me last week, I guess that "women in bjj" FB group posted the YouTube video of my daughter in her last competition on their FB page. The comments were awesome.

It's awesome being able to "talk jiu jitsu" with your six year old daughter and she understands what you are saying. [/End of proud Dad rant]

To the OP, great training man. That is awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 3:46pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    So I was running my pre-teen/teen class up at the gym yesterday, and at the end I decided to let them play a game. The game was beat up Jim (me) while I would spar them using very limited techniques imitating various Martial Arts styles. I told them that they had the tools to counter whatever I was doing as long as they didn't go head to head with whatever technique I was focused on, and worked around it.

First kid up, I said I was doing Karate, and essentially stalked the ring in a wide stance, reverse punching and front kicking. At first he got booted a bit, but then figured out how to side step - circle and out-box me till he had me on the ropes. /gg

Second kid, I said I was doing TKD, and left my hands at my sides, bouncing around, sidekicking. He closed the gap after a kick, and leg sweeped me into side mount. /gg

Third kid, was the littlest one there, at only 8 years old and 4 feet or so tall. I decided to let him face my legendary deadly Monkey Kung Fu! After a minute or so of backfisting and tumbling about the ring, he caught up to me and tried to pin me in kesa. As his arm slipped under my neck I felt a bit of pressure on the side of my head and tapped out to an eargrind..

...I never saw it coming.
    Were you perhaps wearing the wrong shoes?

Out of interest... who had the bigger moobs?

Weak

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should have kicked that kid's ass for showing you up. Make an example.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast