NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Where exactly did he say that last part? Sorry, it's been a long thread - I don't recall seeing him say that, or being quoted as saying that somewhere else.
    That thread went on for days. I only shot the very beginning of it.

Again, per Matt's facebook snippet - unless there's more of it that we haven't seen, it looks to me that they were talking about Lowry in terms of being an *Aikido* 8th dan initially.
    Read it again
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 6:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Where exactly did he say that last part? Sorry, it's been a long thread - I don't recall seeing him say that, or being quoted as saying that somewhere else.

Again, per Matt's facebook snippet - unless there's more of it that we haven't seen, it looks to me that they were talking about Lowry in terms of being an *Aikido* 8th dan initially.
    The thread was much longer than that snippet. It's since been removed so direct quotes aren't possible. If referencing it here is bad form here, I apologize.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 6:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    That thread went on for days. I only shot the very beginning of it.

Read it again
    (posting it again, to avoid having to flip back through)

"Nick Ushin Lowry, 8th Dan, and Moe Stevens, 6th dan, as suggested by Herb Mowry, would be excellent Aikido instructors. Nick is also a high ranking Judoka who might also share on this level..."

Just posting what I get from what I got...

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 6:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The facebook page? Okay good to know. I asked if there was more and everyone said that was it. It must be the part that says more that Matt didn't have a chance to grab.

Read it again? Really? I asked for clarification and this is the first time ANY OF YOU said there was more to the post.

This of course excludes BadKarmaRising.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aikido judo jodo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The facebook page? Okay good to know. I asked if there was more and everyone said that was it. It must be the part that says more that Matt didn't have a chance to grab.

Read it again? Really? I asked for clarification and this is the first time ANY OF YOU said there was more to the post.

the fb thing did go on for awhile... in my opinion you havent missed much -- as i recall, Mr. Tripp (as i described earlier) made several attacks on my character ("dishonorable" was his mainstay) and refused to accept what i had to offer -- i found him rude and dismissive-- i admit i grew short with him at the point that he suggested that everyone attending the camp should be tested (according to the standards he so much believes in)
    --this seemed to me to be a request for "proof of skill" -- in response
    i suggested that an alternate test could be established whereby the whole camp should abandon all belts and patches and just have everyone strip down to their underwear and have the judo camp that way-- my point being that that i believe in short order everyone there would be able to sort out who knew judo, who could teach judo and who could demonstrate judo -- finally i suggested he take his complaint up with those who made the promotion and i told him

that i did not ask for it. did not seek it out. and did not pay for it.

i regret losing my temper and responding so flippantly in that conversation, but i am unaccustomed to of being accused of lying or being dishonorable.

if it is really of interest, perhaps the FB link is still recoverable and you can see for yourselves? i dont know where it went.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick lowry View Post
    the fb thing did go on for awhile... in my opinion you havent missed much -- as i recall, Mr. Tripp (as i described earlier) made several attacks on my character ("dishonorable" was his mainstay) and refused to accept what i had to offer -- i found him rude and dismissive-- i admit i grew short with him at the point that he suggested that everyone attending the camp should be tested (according to the standards he so much believes in)
    --this seemed to me to be a request for "proof of skill" -- in response
    i suggested that an alternate test could be established whereby the whole camp should abandon all belts and patches and just have everyone strip down to their underwear and have the judo camp that way-- my point being that that i believe in short order everyone there would be able to sort out who knew judo, who could teach judo and who could demonstrate judo -- finally i suggested he take his complaint up with those who made the promotion and i told him

that i did not ask for it. did not seek it out. and did not pay for it.

i regret losing my temper and responding so flippantly in that conversation, but i am unaccustomed to of being accused of lying or being dishonorable.

if it is really of interest, perhaps the FB link is still recoverable and you can see for yourselves? i dont know where it went.
    Nick, that's par for the course with Mark Tripp. He has convinced himself that he has "proof" that you paid for your hachidan promotion with malice aforethought. I'm not sure what that proof is, other than a figment of his imagination, as none has to my knowledge been presented. Mark Hunter found all the other promotions related to yours, which totally backs up your version of events.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick lowry View Post

Trust me that is what I have been doing. I've already watched people try to add meaning to your words that I and others did not see. So, this sudden "OMG YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE REST" is quite dubious IMO. Like I said, when I asked before the thread was cleaned no one said there was more. Suddenly, when the focus is taken off you and put squarely on the USJA, LO and behold a new poster and Tripp comeback to say "look at Nick Look at Nick."

This thread was done when you admitted the Rank was questionable and you took none of the tests. That means your 8th Dan is definitely illegitimate according to the rules. The End.

What are we supposed to do, threaten your life and scream how you need to be stripped of ALL ranks? Well, I'm not hounding someone that admits something is wrong right off the bat.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aikido judo jodo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Nick, that's par for the course with Mark Tripp. He has convinced himself that he has "proof" that you paid for your hachidan promotion with malice aforethought. I'm not sure what that proof is, other than a figment of his imagination, as none has to my knowledge been presented. Mark Hunter found all the other promotions related to yours, which totally backs up your version of events.
    yes --i saw what hunter posted from usja -- plenty of familiar names there-- mrtripps assertions are his opinions and he is welcome to them
    all i can say is
    i never paid for it. simple as that.
    as to other people's arrangements vi sa vi payment , etc. that is beyond my direct knowledge--- i suggest interested parties ask them

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There was a very long thread there that I did not read all of. I screen shot what there was of it when I noticed it. I did NOT see the comment that BadKarmaRising refers to, and I'm not claiming anything of consequence was said there. If I saw something else of import, I would have screen shot that too.

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 9:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not hounding someone that admits something is wrong right off the bat.
    Can not argue with that.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast