Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 9:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    It is very strange indeed. People like markjudo and Tripp are upset, and perhaps postig in a manner that people dn't appreciate, but these are two guys who really have put a lot of themselves into an organization (USJA) that promised it's members it had moved beyond the dark days of rank peddling. This case has shaken that belief, and I can understand why they feel betrayed. Even if Nick is completely blameless in this, by his own testimony, some very shady stuff has gone down at USJA. It's sad really, and I hope folks take that into account when they react to the tone of some of the posting on this thread. Some of these guys are heartbroken over this.
    I hope they do as well and pay attention to how one man was attacked because, an organization did shady **** and no one went after the USJA.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 9:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markjudo View Post
    also sent a note to GARY MONTO, member of the Promotion Board on this Subject.
    Good call.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:03pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont why people on this site is attacking me! I am not the one that isnt showing respect!

I never never said anything about anyone. I was just stating MY feelings on the High Dan Ranks without meeting the Guidelines!

I dont read the threads here, just the ones that my name was brought up in

Matter of Fact, I sent a E Mail to Sensei Lowry stating he is WELCOME at the camp that I am forming as the Aikido Instructor.

Yes, I got pissed on some the remarks from people on this site!

RANK is important to me, I am sorry some people dont feel the same way.

GUIDELINES and REQUIREMENTS is the Key to Promotions

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont why people on this site is attacking me! I am not the one that isnt showing respect!
    No one is attacking you. Respect is subjective to a person's own point of view.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prediction from a cynic:

- There is an investigation. Lowry gets punished (stripped of rank, kicked out of the org, etc.) for
    a) being the one guy out of tens/hundreds with questionable rank who admitted it
    b) telling the internet about it when asked what the deal with that was

- Life goes on.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 7/16/2011 10:54pm at . Reason: made a correction

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He didn't get caught he admitted, from the beginning, what happened. Yes, I am now being pedantic because, unlike all of the other "questionable" people, he told the same story in the screen capture, in an email to you and on the thread.

He owned up before the thread even started.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He didn't get caught he admitted, from the beginning, what happened. Yes, I am now being pedantic because, unlike all of the other "questionable" people, he told the same story in the screen capture, in an email to you and on the thread.

He owned up before the thread even started.
    Yes, quite right. My bad.

I'll go back and edit my post.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 12:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be culling this because, the Lowery issue is done, minus some of you wanting him to dispose of the certificate. That's an opinion that can be argued in YMAS. If this going to continue in this fashion, it will be titled appropriately with USJA.

Drama Cull:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107737

USJA Cull:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107763

If you are angry and want to complain about my attitude, lack of respect, meanness or other logical fallacies only use this thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107737

'
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/17/2011 2:59pm at .

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick lowry View Post
    i did not and do not take the usja ranking OF ME seriously --

As i have said before, as absurd as that usja promotion was, at the time i was not prepared to get in a fight over it -- i had seen the reaction to people bucking this usja deal already and i knew it would be a relationship ender -- i was not up to that fight in 2006
    -- and since i had no real investment in usja or its reputation i just let it lay

as i have stated before:

i did not ask for it
    i did not pursue it myself
    i did not pay money for it
    Personally, I don't care what rank you've earned or claimed except and until you start marketing yourself with that rank.

All of this started because an attempt to resurrect the Spirit of the Eagle judo camp came to your attention. You offered your services AS AN 8th DAN to this attempt.

For me, therein lies the problem. When someone is writing a check to attend a clinic, seminar, or camp that is in part staffed by "8th dan Nick Lowery" they're paying good money expecting instruction commensurate with that grade.

It is extremely disingenuous to market yourself as an 8th dan in one breath then claim that it's just a political paper promotion in the other. Especially when you defended yourself initially in part by challenging anyone who had issue with it to "strip down to our skivvies and see who knows what."

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/17/2011 5:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarmaRising View Post
    Personally, I don't care what rank you've earned or claimed except and until you start marketing yourself with that rank.

All of this started because an attempt to resurrect the Spirit of the Eagle judo camp came to your attention. You offered your services AS AN 8th DAN to this attempt.

For me, therein lies the problem. When someone is writing a check to attend a clinic, seminar, or camp that is in part staffed by "8th dan Nick Lowery" they're paying good money expecting instruction commensurate with that grade.

It is extremely disingenuous to market yourself as an 8th dan in one breath then claim that it's just a political paper promotion in the other. Especially when you defended yourself initially in part by challenging anyone who had issue with it to "strip down to our skivvies and see who knows what."
    Where exactly did he say that last part? Sorry, it's been a long thread - I don't recall seeing him say that, or being quoted as saying that somewhere else.

Again, per Matt's facebook snippet - unless there's more of it that we haven't seen, it looks to me that they were talking about Lowry in terms of being an *Aikido* 8th dan initially.