Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We really don't need to discuss it because, it will degenerate into semantics. Nothing you said is wrong, we will disagree on the use of "correct" and "polite."

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    We really don't need to discuss it because, it will degenerate into semantics. Nothing you said is wrong, we will disagree on the use of "correct" and "polite."
    Ok cool.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aikido judo jodo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    So all of your kyu ranks were through Fugakukai? Did someone validate you to USJA Shodan in 1992? I don't see any other way to enter the system at 1st dan.
    1. yes
    2. i dont know -- it was all done by my teachers -- i do not know about what process took place

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    That's a big assumption on your part regarding having to be a member of JA to work out at Geis'es dojo in Houston. I walked in and was not asked for any sort of proof of membership in anything. The dojo is a purpose built facility. Karl had living quarters in the building. I'm willing to bet he had outside insurance, other than USJA, but that would be an assumption on my part.

I never signed any USJA forms, as I never (purposely) joined the USJA.

Ben

membership in usja was never required at Caldwell's dojo-- the only folks that joined usja did so in order to play in tournments -- folks not interested in shiai saw no point in joining except for the few occasions when word would come down that sensei could really use our support by getting alot of us to join up as life members -- i didnt really question that at the time , just sort of said "sure, what the hell -- if it will help him out, why not?" and paid the piper. -- the shodan deal was similar as i recall-- i was one of a batch of folks at the time and the general gist was that somehow our getting usja ranking would help those above us--

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. L - my apologies if these questions are getting repetitive, but I don't think that this has been specifically addressed yet.

At around the time that Sensei 'KG' arranged your promotion to hachidan, exactly how did he first present the matter to you?

Were you already a 7th under KG's own ranking system at the time?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I was hoping to hear Nick's answer

I'm not requesting validation papers from USJA (or anything else) until Lowry tells me what I'm looking for.
    i dont know what you are looking for

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Mr. L - my apologies if these questions are getting repetitive, but I don't think that this has been specifically addressed yet.

At around the time that Sensei 'KG' arranged your promotion to hachidan, exactly how did he first present the matter to you?

Were you already a 7th under KG's own ranking system at the time?
    yes i was already 6th or 7th in his organization -- dont recall exactly how he presented it to me -- as in what exact language-- i remember it was over the phone and he told me that he had put me in for hachidan promotion-- i remember being incredulous and him making a case to convince me that it was important for the organization that he set me up for the future with this kind of rank -- thats about all i recall

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 7:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Lowry, were any of these allegations addressed directly to you when your conversation of joining up with Mr. Hunter and Mr. Tripp occurred.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 7:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick lowry View Post
    1. yes
    2. i dont know -- it was all done by my teachers -- i do not know about what process took place
    thanks for your answer. I hope you can understand why I resist accepting this sort of explanation, as it lights the way for every "Porter baby" to get off the hook.

Do you understand that a USJA Shodan can not be legitimately earned in the manner you describe?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 8:10pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This all started with Sensei Lowry when I was putting together a Camp for all Martial Artists in Ohio. We had Judo - Ju Jitsu - Tae Kwon Do - BJJ down. Somoene said why not add Aikido. So, I said YES, Give a name of someone that could teach it at Camp. Sensei Lowry name came up. In the process of getting him to come to teach Aikido his Judo High Dan came to light. Mark Tripp asked what rank he was and from what organization. He said 8th dan and that put up RED FLAGS.

I never met him. He seems like a great guy. I have no issues of him coming to teach Aikido. I do have a issue of 8th dan in Judo with only 11 years since Shodan. He might have the skill to hold a high dan, dont know him. I just know there is NO WAY he could be a 8th dan if all the REQURIEMENTS/GUIDELINES were met. But... he isnt the only one that doesnt have the TIG for the rank they hold. This is a "HIGH RANK PROMOTION" issue not a Sensei Lowry issue.

But......................... If someone has the PASSION, RESPECT, HONOR for the Art of Judo, they would NEVER accepted the rank. NO MATTER WHAT! He did acceoted it because he still has the Certificate. I would of send it back to the USJA.

Now, Take someone that been in the Art of Judo. They meet all the GUIDELINES/REQUIREMENTS and gets the SAME Promotion. Is that fair? Someone that supported their Organization, Took all Tests, Attend all of the Clinics, Attained all required points.

Now, people say rank doesnt mean anything? So, if it doesnt mean anything why is everyone eager and accepts the ranks? It must mean something!

I feel sorry for those you got suck in to this Promotion BullCrap. It must stop! I think it is to late for Judo. Judo is dying Art over here in the USA. It very SAD for me. I have put over 42 years into Judo for what. I am not a 8th Dan and I will never accept that High Rank. I am happy to be a 6th Dan. I feel that is the highest someone should go unless they a set apart of the rest.

I havent seen someone like that for a long time.

I went to the USJA Data Base and got the information on his rank history. Only 2 records. SHODAN and his 8th Dan - nothing else.
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast