Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jim Shipley at Clermont Family Martial Arts

Does anyone have any information on Jim Shipley?

He claims:

My name is Jim Shipley. I am the owner and senior instructor of Clermont Family Martial Arts Center. I am a second Decided black belt in Chung Do Kwon Tae Kwon Do. I also hold belt rank in Ryukyu Kempo and Arnis.

at shipleykarate.com

This guy wont let me see my son workout. I wonder if it has to do with him marrying my ex wife. The ex wife and my agreement allows to do to any extra sport activity but Mr. Shipley will not allow me inside his place. What a class act he is.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's quite a story. Aside from what is clearly a personal issue, is there any reason or proof for you to think he's operating in a fraudulent manner, or in any manner that may be harmful to the general consumer?

Welcome to Bullshido.

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another Person About Jim Shipley at Clermont Family Martail Art

‎Oscar Sanchez‎ to Clermont Rants Raves and Reviews

May 9 at 9:35pm

RANT: Clermont Family Martial Arts in the Winn Dixie Plaza. I simply want to make the community aware of some inappropriate and unethical actions by a childcare provider. My children took classes in the Clermont Family Martial Arts for over 5 years. This school year, they were enrolled in the after-school program and were entitled to afternoon classes, as well as evening classes for more advanced students. Due to some personal issues between adults, the owner decided not to honor the agreement/contract we had in place to extend full services to my children through the end of the school year. In February, instead of speaking to me face to face, he sent me a text indicating that my children had to be picked up by 5:30 p.m. and could no longer attend the evening classes they had grown accustomed to attending. My wife e-mailed him to ask for a discount as a result of the drastic decrease in services and he would not work with us. The response was to continue paying contract price or remove my children from his program, knowing full well that my oldest was just weeks away from earning her black belt and that was not an option for me. Later, in mid-April, he sent another text stating that my children's last day in his program would be April 30. He was not going to teach them anymore after that. Then again, with no forewarning of any kind, my wife gets a final text on 4/22/16 that she needed to pick up the children that early evening, along with their belongings and a refund check for that month's tuition, because that would be their last day. This has been a large ordeal for my children each time we have had to make a change in their schedules as a result of Jim Shipley's last-minute, rash decisions. Not to mention that we have questioned the safety of our children on more than one occasion. As a childcare provider, it's nothing less than disgusting how unfairly he has treated my children and his blatant disregard for the contract we had in place. The fact that he would text me that final afternoon and not be more courteous to give me enough notice to make alternate arrangements for childcare speaks to his lack of concern for the well-being of his students and their families. It's a shame that any adult would be so unfair with the children entrusted to him. If you have considered joining this facility, please think twice. If you do, then just be careful signing any contract or you may be forced to pay for services you are not receiving. With this establishment, you'll just want to be extra careful that you know what you're getting yourself in to.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is not an uncommon complaint about many martial arts schools. It's refreshing to see the complainant refer to the practice as "childcare provider," but chances are that Oscar Sanchez got snowballed by the sales pitch, and failed to read+understand the contract, or ask pertinent questions before signing. *IF* that's the case, then I would generally agree it's a single report of possibly unethical behavior.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea what to make of this.

https://www.facebook.com/33614877952...3535682644521/

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I have no idea what to make of this.

https://www.facebook.com/33614877952...3535682644521/
    He's subscribed to the mark Wahlberg/Will Ferrell school of conflict resolution.

https://youtu.be/SQkK6qcBwps?t=26
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I guess it is better than eating paste.

The summer camp thing seems a bit off.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That whole thing is off...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the ****........

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MABS, guys, please keep it civil and on topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last