Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 2:40pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    It just pisses me off that people dont vote because they are bone idle!
    I know what you mean. But unfortunately, for a lot of people, politics is really, really, boring. Largely because todays politicians are out of touch with the electorate IMO. Either we make political education mandatory, so people understand how and why they can influence the country in which they live, or the politicians running for election manage to engage more with the electorate.

I think a lot of people don't bother voting for the same reason I don't watch Hollyoaks.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One day every 4 or 5 years is too much hassle!

Fuk dat ****!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 3:18pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    One day every 4 or 5 years is too much hassle!

Fuk dat ****!
    I think people don't see the point. Unless they're up on politics, there's not a clear enough distinction between candidates. And although i maybe don't agree with that, I can sympathise. Politicians are totally untrustworthy, they say the things that they think will get them elected, often with no ability to / intention of following through with their promises.

Because they're both trying to win votes, they generally promise the same things (or at least, that's how it appears).

If you were told that you could choose between two complete arseholes to make decisions for you, then they spouted near identical babble to you, and expected you to make the decision even though you'd had no education of teh subjects they were discussing, which one would you pick? And would you feel as though it made a difference?

But, people SHOULD be encouraged to vote, even if it's just to spoil their ballot paper and give a clear indication that the present system is not working.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is where the 'vote against' bit comes in
    If the polititians all talk **** give them the ellectoral finger and send them packing
    Leave the politicing to those that care...The Monster raving Loony Party and/or the Greens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 3:24pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe that democracy is the way to go. However there are some issues.
    1) Transparency.
    We need accurate information if we are gonna elect leaders. Ignorance is dangerous and a corrupt leader can be almost as dangerous as a dictator.
    2) elected officials must be motivated by love for his country and not money.
    Leaders that make to much money tend to do a bad job. Also.. what is really the difference between the two men in Op's post? one is does incredible hard and dangerous things because he loves his country and his people. The other guy loves his wallet..

Randemocracy sounds like an interesting idea.. but there must be somekind of quality control. We can't just have any idiot running the world. Personally I think that transparency coupled with education about character would be the way to go. I would like to see a subject in school called personal character.. where kids have to develop their own character and their own values so that they can become the best that they can be. The idea is that people with good qualities would be better equipped to elect good leaders and take care of their personal life.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe jury service provides us with a working model of how this could work
    I just wish there was quality controll for TD's/MP's etc now
    You just have to be able to charm old ladies and get planning permission sorted out and your in!

Also all saleries of representatives should be capped at the average indusrial wage. If it was I wager we would see an unpresedented rise in the average industrial wage!

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Campaign funds should be limited to a certain amount, term limits applied (yet extend their terms out longer), and reduce their pay. Thus you'll only have people who really want to be senators and congressmen in there. They won't have to pander for $, and they won't be constantly thinking about reelection.

Also every 10 years we make two congressmen fight to the death on live tv.( This way they'll be badass and stay in shape.)

Maybe to stop them from buying hookers or tweeting their dicks to get laid we could castrate them?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/15/2011 9:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    Also every 10 years we make two congressmen fight to the death on live tv.( This way they'll be badass and stay in shape.)

Maybe to stop them from buying hookers or tweeting their dicks to get laid we could castrate them?

I didn't realise Ukrainian politics was so progressive?

castration is too good for them!

:)

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say either having the electoral college all be assigned proportionately to the states' percentages in a vote would be a good idea, that or just trashing the entire thing, and going by the popular vote.

That way, entire elections wouldn't come down to tiny % of the population by the end(Ohio anyone?).

The US wouldn't go for it, as states with smaller populations would lose their disproportionate say in things electorally (each state gets one electoral vote, for each member of congress, the House is filled in proportion to population, but the senate is 2 votes per state, hence sparse states get more "say" in an election for example: California's Senators each represent 18,000,000 people, whereas North Dakota's each represent about 350,000).
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 10/25/2012 11:11pm at .

Posted On:
    10/25/2012 11:22pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long live Corporatism!

Down with Humanism!

Returned we are to the Feudal system of yore, on a global scale. All hail our Corporate masters!

We must have growth and growth is production and production must be efficient and things are only efficient when managed properly so let us teach everyone to be managers so that production is managed efficiently so there is growth.

Let us produce gadgets every six months for consumption. That is exactly the Industrial Revolution's model of growth. We can keep building obsolescent devices provided our money markets keep purchasing themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast