Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 9:24am

Style: BAWXIN'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    You're generally fine on the phone if you're handsfree because you can turn your head more freely and have two hands on the steering wheel so its not as easy to lose control.

Texting whilst driving is just downright dangerous though, reading and sending.
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Agree - the cost of a hands free kit is nothing but it's amazing how many people drive with their phones stuck to their ears whilst weaving all over the place. It's something I get a bit animated about - I'm an ex-cop and have been to a number of messy road accidents where people have been phoning/texting etc whilst driving and have either killed/injured themselves or other people. If you think using the phone (without hands free) is OK then come to a fatal road accident and you might change your mind.

No.

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm waiting on the study on the effects of nagging women on crash rates.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 9:37am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by All Dice View Post
    No what?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 9:38am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I'm waiting on the study on the effects of nagging women on crash rates.
    High...... especially when in the back seat.....

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    Well, offhand, I'd say the answer to your question is that you can't trust the people who make that determination in the first place. Sure, the guy being chosen might have some merit.... but do the people making the choice in the first place have any merit?
    Can't the same be said of democracy, though? That the electorate gives rise to people like Ahern in the first post?
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battheo View Post
    I would also push to have politics taught at secondary school level as a compulsory subject, thereby allowing people a better chance of exercising the votes they do have under my system in a meaningful way, rather than just vomit out the particular prejudices they feel on a certain day onto their ballot paper, which is a very real risk.
    The American public education system used to include a mandatory class—which advanced in complexity somewhat like English class—called “Civics,” which was good for preventing fucktardism the likes of “Keep government out of my Medicare!” Unfortunately, that class ceased to exist in most of the country when the education budget was eviscerated by the same political party which now benefits from the ire of said fucktards...not a conspiracy theory, just coincidental facts.

Another class which disappeared throughout the country for that same reason is Driver's Education; in addition to making several decades-old teen movies even more foreign to modern viewers, the removal of driver's education has assisted the economic disenfranchisement of students who can't get mommy and daddy to pay for hideously overpriced driving schools.

EDIT: Sorry about the tangent. The way you wrote “politics” instead of “civics,” coupled with the way you presented the class as a new idea, made me think something along the lines of “...a whole generation has never heard of what was taken from us.”
    Last edited by Robstafarian; 7/11/2011 1:38pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:47pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Starship Troopers the book not the movie. End Thread.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kinda like the notion of separating civilians and citizens.

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Starship Troopers the book not the movie. End Thread.
    Idiotic system and fucking awfully written book. Under the not-at-all-fascist-no-sirree political system of ST, in order to have any influence in the affairs of government, you first need to carry out tasks deemed necessary by said government and upgrade your citizenship class.

In other words, if you want to remove a government you deeply hate from power legally, you first have to gain their approval to do so.

You do not need a degree in political science to see how this might be just a tiny bit exploitable by political leaders wishing to maintain power.

Heinlein can suck a fat dick and so can all the neckbearded manchildren who uphold his **** writing as being anything but atrocious just because they get miniscule hardons by a combination of lazors and ****-the-hippies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:58pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Idiotic system and fucking awfully written book. Under the not-at-all-fascist-no-sirree political system of ST, in order to have any influence in the affairs of government, you first need to carry out tasks deemed necessary by said government and upgrade your citizenship class.

In other words, if you want to remove a government you deeply hate from power legally, you first have to gain their approval to do so.

You do not need a degree in political science to see how this might be just a tiny bit exploitable by political leaders wishing to maintain power.

Heinlein can suck a fat dick and so can all the neckbearded manchildren who uphold his **** writing as being anything but atrocious just because they get miniscule hardons by a combination of lazors and ****-the-hippies.
    So I'm getting that you don't have a strong opinion either way, right?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast