My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BJJ seminar review.

I just got back from a BJJ seminar in Neuried hosted by German Top Team member and Carlos Gracie Jr BB Michael Haselein (applause). It was a two day seminar with Belt testing for white belts today.

I'm sore as hell and the 4hr drive didn't help. Yesterday was great. For 4hrs we went over several takedowns, throws, sweeps, chokes, and counters. I learned some valuable lessons. I got tips to strenghten some of my bread n butter techniques and learned some new tricks to add to the arsenal. The last hour we did RANDORI! I got really enlightened here. I got tapped by a white belt which made me gaurd against getting complacent. We rolled and I tapped him two times in a roll in seconds. So the third time I really wasn't going hard on him and lost my focus. Next thing I know I was in an armbar. It wasn't tight but I knew if he cranked it I was done. So good lesson learned there. Then I rolled with my good friend Heiko, 250lbs of hot German Love! Its aways fun to roll with him. Even though I can beat him in practice he has beaten me twice in competition. Next I tried to add a third notch on the "Tap a BB" scorecard. I learned why I REALLY HATE HASELEIN!!!:mad: First time I almost had him but I couldn't sink the lock in then the bastard escaped we rolled until I started gassing. Then he catch me in a Triangle I couldn't fight out of. THE INSENSITIVE GERMAN PRICK!!!:rolleyes: All and all we had a great time. Afterwards we went to a resteraunt that catered to me, they served roasted forest creatures!!! I had a placted of deer & boar with roasted cranberries, half a pear and pasta. Some of the guys went to a bar but I was tired from the drive and practice and my back was killing me (from lifting this week) so I crashed at one of the purple belts flat.

I didn't get to see all of the testing for the whites because I had a long drive home. (I really shouldn't be complaining because Heiko and Olaf have a 10hr drive back to Berlin) But I plan on making regular trips back down to train. (and to Get Hasalein all I need is more PATCHES!!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patches & haselein.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	919  

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep asia--- there is far to much white on show there.

Glad you had a nice weekend, did you get any good throws in at the randori, or was it all newaza?

Also you dont have any tape on you, you will need to tape up at least two fingers and a toe if you are ever to defeat him

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 12:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We started from our knees but I still got a couple of shoulder throws in to get pple of my back (throwing a big German from you knees with a sore lower back is NOT good for said sore back)
    Haselein is also a Judo BB so we did alot of nage waza drill but no standing randori that day.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More pics

Group shot

Name:	group.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	943  

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During the seminar Haselien snaps and takes out his wrath on innocnet white belts!!!:eek:

Name:	bb goes crazy.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	944  

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its up to ASIA to subdue him!!!!

Name:	asia to the rescue.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	945  

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll post more when they come up on the site.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

***ned

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we say, token black dude?

Posted On:
    3/25/2004 12:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lucky Mofu !!

Posted On:
    12/24/2010 9:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ju jitsu allkampf

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey ASIA. You still in Berlin? Im looking for a training partner here.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast