Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bute Wins By KO !

Lucian Bute won by KO last night..I didn't get to watch it live, but it will be on TSN within a couple of weeks.
    http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=371392

I love the fact that there are great Boxers like Bute and Pascal coming out of Quebec and good cards on a regular basis at the Bell Center...although this one took place in Romania.
    Last night I watched a couple of ESPN fights and there was another kid fom Canada ( Calgary ) who scored a 2nd rd. KO he's 5-0 so far in his pro career. GO Canuck boxers !

Paul Williams also won last night , his first fight since being destroyed by Martinez in what I considered to be the most devastating Boxing KO of 2010: http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=371435
    It seems not everyone in attendance agreed with the judges decision.
    Last edited by OZZ; 7/10/2011 11:11am at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 2:15pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a tremendous weekend for boxing.

Brendan Rios was a TKO win against Urbano Antillon in the 3rd round. This fight was all out action -- and reminded me of Hagler-Hearns back in the day. Rios is damn exciting as a fighter, but I don't think he's got a long career ahead of him if he keeps fighting that way. So take it in while you can.

Carlos Molina upset Kermit Cintron.

Rico Ramos KOed Akifumi Shimoda in the 7th round after being down on all cards.

Gonzales-Sierra was a brawl, with both fighters getting knockdowns and sustaining ugly cuts. Somehow, it went to 12 rounds. Gonzales won by unanimous decision.

Yet, this weekend was thoroughly tainted because, despite being completely destroyed by Ereslandy Landy, the judges awarded Paul Williams the win by unanimous decision. Williams was so completely destroyed, even Roy Jones Jr. was saying he should retire immediately.

The judges' decisions completely stank. They were completely inexperienced and should not have been given the responsibility of a title fight. Either way, I'm complaining to New Jersey State Athletic Commission and asking them to review the decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I thought I'd post the video of Bute's beautiful KO.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gonzales-Sierra was a brawl, with both fighters getting knockdowns and sustaining ugly cuts. Somehow, it went to 12 rounds. Gonzales won by unanimous decision.
    I enjoyed that fight.
    If Gonzales had followed up on the inside with body shots, he would have scored a TKO.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 9:50pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Also, I thought I'd post the video of Bute's beautiful KO.

I had to do a double take @ 1:06, thought that was Dana White hugging him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 11:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is unconfirmed, but I have it on strong authority that Bute will be fighting Pavlik next.

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 2:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poet

Good post, mate. That was some shot from Bute. I might have to revise my opinion re Froch.
    Oh well.

Super
    I also thought it was Dana White.

I'll read all about it in Boxing News later this week. Thanks for the posts.