Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 7:09pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went through the 40 hour level combatives. its guard armbars, mounted and side control americanas, over the shoulder sweep, ground and pound, muay thai clinch w/knees and elbows and teep to the chest. If you know how to do all of that then you are level 1 certified. I went through it in 2007 so im sure im forgetting some things, but when I went to a bjj class for the first time I instantly recognized every technique for the first month or so. I wouldnt say its watered down BJJ, just the few things from bjj that you would ever want to use in a street fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 8:41pm

Style: MACP Level 1 +1 Mana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    I wouldnt say its watered down BJJ, just the few things from bjj that you would ever want to use in a street fight.
    Like that retarded guard pass that they encourage after the arm trap and roll? You know the pass where you basically put yourself into a triangle? I hate that one. At any rate, my 1SG is suppose to put a bunch of us into Level 1 classes...I'd very much like to get certified, if only for the promotion points. I actually did a tourney in AIT...but I epic failed on that one...got gassed real quick(had severe bronchitis at the time) and they put me up against a beasty Marine that was fresh out of boot. Ended up tapping to a shitty guillatine. I did manage to pull off ONE sweep while I was mounted...but that's all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2011 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW what part of SD are you from?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 12:47am

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SARS_Attacks View Post
    Like that retarded guard pass that they encourage after the arm trap and roll? You know the pass where you basically put yourself into a triangle? I hate that one.
    Yea its never going to work if youre fighting someone who is trained, but the Idea IMO is that youre gonna be fighting an idiot in the AOR, or during detainee ops, and I never met a trained Haji. Then again 90% of all the detainees I dealt with were <120 lbs and had tuberculosis so I never had to use spider guard to put one on their ass lol. The double leg takedown (which was also taught I think,been awhile) was employed a lot. And dare I say Aikido arm drag take downs worked too, but like I said you can do an earlobe takedown on Haji and be successful.

And I live in University Heights/Northpark area to answer your other question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    Yea its never going to work if youre fighting someone who is trained, but the Idea IMO is that youre gonna be fighting an idiot in the AOR, or during detainee ops, and I never met a trained Haji. Then again 90% of all the detainees I dealt with were <120 lbs and had tuberculosis so I never had to use spider guard to put one on their ass lol. The double leg takedown (which was also taught I think,been awhile) was employed a lot. And dare I say Aikido arm drag take downs worked too, but like I said you can do an earlobe takedown on Haji and be successful.

And I live in University Heights/Northpark area to answer your other question.
    Yeah, I suppose you do have a point...I just remember a fellow soldier try to do that pass on me as we were practicing for the tourney I epic failed at...ended up locking in the triangle as expected...and she didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with that('course she wasn't quite grapple savvy, although damn she was strong...she ended up winning her matches, I believe).

@location: Cool...never had a chance to make it down to that area. My fam(and home of record) are in Escondido.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:47am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the start, this thread felt like it was too full of dumb to read. So I preface by saying I've not actually read any posts. Currently, I take Judo at a club that trains on one of the many army bases in my city. At this base alone, there are 2 Judo clubs (the other one which, ironically, only practices kata and does no randori whatsoever), a Krav Maga org, and several other MA-type combatives groups.

The Army is primarily focused on killing people with what works best for killing people. Namely guns, tanks, bombs, knives, well coordinated units, strategy, and in general, properly executed warfare. Martial arts, for most soldiers, are going to be little more than a hobby. But even at that, you're a fool if you don't think they have access to multiple types of training.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123