Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 10:19am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yli View Post
    I actually have nothing against Shotokan Karate (even though it has katas). I can't stop watching Lyoto Machida crane kick Randy Couture.

Also, most Muay Thai practitioners hardly look like Buakaw.
    Machida doing Shotokan is total BS. His father teaches a full contact highly altered version, not actual Shotokan.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 10:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Machida doing Shotokan is total BS. His father teaches a full contact highly altered version, not actual Shotokan.
    No, his son does a highly altered form.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 10:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Thanks for the correction. My point essentially stands though. Machida cannot be used as a cure all defense of Shotokans failures. With that in mind, it is amazing how every Shotokan practioner claims that their school does full contact when confronted with the above argument. Call me cynical, but I smell the faintest whiffs of bullshit when that happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 10:55am

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not surprised that many Shotokan practitioners actually do full contact fighting, and there are certainly good Shotokan fighters out there. I suspect that (like KM) it's a result of quality control problems in the art and not a problem of the art itself.

We know that Mr. Miyagi wasn't Bullshidoing Daniel-San.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daniel-San would have been murdered if it was a mixed style tourney.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 11:19am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point essentially stands though.
    Not in the post I addressed. He uses Shoto which isn't BS and his dad teaches Shoto which isn't highly altered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Not in the post I addressed. He uses Shoto which isn't BS and his dad teaches Shoto which isn't highly altered.
    He doesnt use Shoto, he uses a combination of multiple styles, and his dad teaches shoto, which i was admittedly wrong about. Using Lyoto Machida as evidence of Shotokan standing up as a fighting art is incorrect. No matter how much you twist it, and study it, Lyoto Machida does not use Shotokan Karate to defeat his opponents. While Shotokan may be a component of his unorthodox style, it is by no means its main component. While I want to avoid a lengthy ball-achingly tiring argument with you, I stand by my opinion.

P.S, lets not even get into the whole, it's not the style it's the fighter debate. Considering that this tangent started off of my post on my disliked arts, im rather surprised you hav'nt asked my why I dont like them, intead of assuming I base it on effectiveness.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 11:56am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesnt use Shoto, he uses a combination of multiple styles, and his dad teaches shoto, which i was admittedly wrong about.
    Weird less wordy but exactly what you just said minus semantics. His stance is shoto based and some of his counter punching is shoto based. It is as I said Highly altered hence why it is called Machida Karate not Machida's Shotokan or other derivative IMO..

A bunch of dumbshit because, I want to argue an opinion you never addressed. Oh and a bunch of straw.
    You are twisting your own words as I have not spoken about him winning fights, that it is his primary style, or that he used it consistently to KO anyone. That's you putting previous debates, with a shotokan nutrider, on me. Style debate? Did I not say Lyoto's Shotokan was highly altered?
    Why, Yes I did.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/09/2011 12:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you debating his use of Shoto, or the content of his use of Shoto with me here? Because by your logic, he is in fact not using shoto, he's using sumo with striking, or is it BJJ with striking, maybe MT with wrestling and submissions and some linear striking.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/09/2011 12:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh boy I got the idiot poster to return didn't I? You really don't like when your opinion is in question. I have not addressed your list nor have I come close to this terrible assumption on your part:
    im rather surprised you hav'nt asked my why I dont like them, intead of assuming I base it on effectiveness.
    I didn't read your list until you got testy.

Take the nutrider fighter pants off and show me exactly where we disagree. No, not using semantics, not strawman arguments, not assumptions, not a rant exactly and logically where we disagree.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast