223861 Bullies, 3818 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 511 to 520 of 988
Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152 5354555662 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:36am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Do you normally struggle this much with reading?
    Are you going to engage with my argument or snipe at me?

    Whilst I read and understood the individual words in your post feel free to enlighten me as to the point you were trying to make as I am clearly having trouble understanding it.
  2. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,618

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:39am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?tfel ot thgir morf etorw I fi noisneherpmoc gnidaer ruoy pleh ti dluoW
  3. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:46am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see we are just going to go round in circles here, you are less arguing against my position that islamophobia creates a barrier against solving problems that exist within some muslim communities and more proving my point.

    If you are unable to get beyond "Rah Islam Evil Blah, Blah, Blah" with an western atheist of muslim descent like me who actually agrees with most of accusations from the get go we are unlikely to get any further in this.

    Overall a depressing debate.
  4. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:47am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really mate either way unless you are willing to clarify where I have misunderstood your point and what it actually was no.
  5. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:47am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    The Saudi education ministry disagree with you.


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051901769.html
    Ah yes, our staunch allies and friends the Saudis.

    What better message to send to the Muslim world?

    Bomb the **** out of the countries that make efforts to modernize, pole axe democratic governments because they lean a little too far left for our liking... and then shower gifts and patronage on the most backwards, fucking lunatic fringe they've got.

    Yep, no problems there.
  6. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,618

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:57am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Ah yes, our staunch allies and friends the Saudis.

    What better message to send to the Muslim world?

    Bomb the **** out of the countries that make efforts to modernize, pole axe democratic governments because they lean a little too far left for our liking... and then shower gifts and patronage on the most backwards, fucking lunatic fringe they've got.

    Yep, no problems there.
    Could always fall back on sending round a gun boat if the locals get uppity.
  7. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 8:49am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    To Gezere yes all those claims of repugnant acts can be hung upon Muslims but they are neither a precondition of being a Muslim or isolated to the Muslim community.
    I haven't seen in any other community where it was made law that a man can withhold food from his wife if she refuses to give him some booty. There are many things that are unique to any community and some rubs people the wrong way. Again this reads as "Come on guys were not the only bad guys." Which I agree there is a lot of fucked up **** to go around but I am talking about Islam.

    It is not that they should not be addressed it is just that to start with OMG Islam is so barbaric does not help to solve the problem.
    You're saying people are going "OMG Islam is so barbaric" most people are pointing out actual facts about Islamic violence.

    As you are making the claim that although in Europe Muslim terrorism/violence is one of the smaller threats this does not hold true of the world please provide evidence to back this up (If you are going to include figures from Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel/Palestine please also count the people killed by the western/Israeli Military).
    I don't have to include anything other than Islamic attacks on the west are a global thing making them a bigger threat than separatist, or the IRA. Localized violence vs Global violence.
    http://theboldcorsicanflame.wordpres...adily-growing/
    http://markhumphrys.com/islamic.attacks.west.html
    http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/...-koran-rumour/

    My main interest in this in Western Europe and North Africa as that is where I have experience of being seen a Muslim and subjected to Islamophobia.
    My interest in this is that I am a live long globetrotter. I grew up circling the globe and I will continue to do so. As I mentioned earlier I will be moving back to Europe in the next two months. From extensive first hand experience I know there is no place free of Islamic violence. Seriously Muslims have hijacked Japanese airlines!

    I am therefore genuinely interested in the figures for the rest of the world.
    I tried to limit the last 40 years but if you look at some of the links, and there are many many more, you will see there is a LOOOONG history of Islamic violence on the west and on their own.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  8. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 9:22am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I haven't seen in any other community where it was made law that a man can withhold food from his wife if she refuses to give him some booty. There are many things that are unique to any community and some rubs people the wrong way. Again this reads as "Come on guys were not the only bad guys." Which I agree there is a lot of fucked up **** to go around but I am talking about Islam.


    You're saying people are going "OMG Islam is so barbaric" most people are pointing out actual facts about Islamic violence.


    I don't have to include anything other than Islamic attacks on the west are a global thing making them a bigger threat than separatist, or the IRA.
    http://theboldcorsicanflame.wordpres...adily-growing/
    http://markhumphrys.com/islamic.attacks.west.html
    http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/...-koran-rumour/


    My interest in this is that I am a live long globetrotter. I grew up circling the globe and I will continue to do so. As I mentioned earlier I will be moving back to Europe in the next two months. From extensive first hand experience I know there is no place free of Islamic violence. Seriously Muslims have hijacked Japanese airlines!


    I tried to limit the last 40 years but if you look at some of the links, and there are many many more, you will see there is a LOOOONG history of Islamic violence on the west and on their own.
    Your links contained no comparative studies, you have essentially admitted that you can provide no evidence of Islam being more violent than the west on a global scale.

    As you say there is a long history of violent attacks on the East by the West... wait did
    you say the other way round? Oh well it doesn't matter because both statements are true.

    Frankly I find all of this perplexing; probably because I am "us" and I am "them" and therefore can see very little difference in the lies we are prepared to believe and spout to justify the disgusting things we do to others.

    I am not making light of your harrowing examples of normalised violence etc within Islamic communities, I am however saying that the way to tackle this is through dealing with those specific communities not lump a massive and diverse "group" called muslims in with them.

    And yes as you admit examples of what you are talking about exist in non Islamic communities as well, my question is why are we talking about the horrible things muslims do in a thread about Nazis?

    Could it be because a white person said but, but, but muslims are just as bad and then the vultures descended.
  9. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 9:48am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    Your links contained no comparative studies, you have essentially admitted that you can provide no evidence of Islam being more violent than the west on a global scale.
    I admitted nothing. I provided a history of Islamic violence against the west on a global scale. Just like I stated. My other intent was to show localized violence vs global violence. I never worried about and IRA attack outside of the UK. I have to worry about an Islamic attack anywhere I travel.

    As you say there is a long history of violent attacks on the East by the West... wait did
    you say the other way round? Oh well it doesn't matter because both statements are true.
    I said there is a long history of Islamic violence on the west as well as on themselves.

    Frankly I find all of this perplexing; probably because I am "us" and I am "them" and therefore can see very little difference in the lies we are prepared to believe and spout to justify the disgusting things we do to others.
    Point out one thing that has been a lie and your comment has value. I haven't lied about or fabricated anything I said about Islam and what has happened.

    I am not making light of your harrowing examples of normalised violence etc within Islamic communities, I am however saying that the way to tackle this is through dealing with those specific communities not lump a massive and diverse "group" called muslims in with them.
    No one said you shouldn't deal with groups of Muslims. We are addressing the one common factor, Islam, and how it does indeed teach and justifies violence against non-believers.

    And yes as you admit examples of what you are talking about exist in non Islamic communities as well, my question is why are we talking about the horrible things muslims do in a thread about Nazis?
    Good question. We do tend to go off on tangents.

    Could it be because a white person said but, but, but muslims are just as bad and then the vultures descended.
    I bet it was Devil.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,618

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 9:50am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't bother Gezere, Totemicist isn't arguing with what you said, he's arguing with what he thinks you said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.