232288 Bullies, 4112 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 501 to 510 of 988
Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 414748495051 5253545561 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. yli is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643

    Posted On:
    7/20/2011 8:11pm


     Style: Stabbing the Face.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback View Post
    They're called "Mainland Chinese" 嘻嘻嘻嘻
    I'm not Han! Don't lump me in with them!
  2. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 4:36am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    This thread so far only proved that most people defend and label religions they have no fucking clue about.

    It's really simple, I'll try to put it as simplistic as possible: Islam: its okay to kill an infidel.
    Christianity: just behave nice or jesus gets upset with you, be nice to eachother.

    Go read both books before you post stupid crap like: ' yeah but zomg the xtians do stuff too.'

    its so far fetched its pretty pathetic to read.
    You are either trolling hard or far less intelligent than I thought you were.

    The two mistakes that posters like you are making are:

    1)Thinking that Islam exists as something distinct and separate from the beliefs of its followers ie Muslims.
    2)That what is written in the Qu'ran is unusual as a basis for society because it both advocates violence against the other and tolerance for the other.

    To Gezere yes all those claims of repugnant acts can be hung upon Muslims but they are neither a precondition of being a Muslim or isolated to the Muslim community.

    It is not that they should not be addressed it is just that to start with OMG Islam is so barbaric does not help to solve the problem.

    As you are making the claim that although in Europe Muslim terrorism/violence is one of the smaller threats this does not hold true of the world please provide evidence to back this up (If you are going to include figures from Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel/Palestine please also count the people killed by the western/Israeli Military).

    My main interest in this in Western Europe and North Africa as that is where I have experience of being seen a Muslim and subjected to Islamophobia.

    I am therefore genuinely interested in the figures for the rest of the world.
  3. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 5:34am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    You are either trolling hard or far less intelligent than I thought you were.
    that's like your opinion man.

    The two mistakes that posters like you are making are:

    1)Thinking that Islam exists as something distinct and separate from the beliefs of its followers ie Muslims.
    2)That what is written in the Qu'ran is unusual as a basis for society because it both advocates violence against the other and tolerance for the other.
    It is unusual.
    The Quran means ' the recitations' kaaf-alif- fa, derived from the rootletters for 'kaara'/ to read.
    It's poorly edited, and not in chronological order, personally to me it strikes me as a set of rambelings by someone who had/believed he had a deeply profound experience, and tries to order his thoughts.

    The problem with Islam in general is that it's rules are organised like a streetgang: you can get in really easily, all you need is to say the credo and have two witnesses, but Allah help you if you want to get out.
    It's okay to marry a nonbeliever woman, but its not okay for a nonbeliever to marry a muslim woman.
    Islam plays grabass: ' oh noooo, we dont force anyone! everyone should have their religion as we have ours! *cough* but we will feel superior to you and treat non islamic women as whores and rub it in your face you're an infidel especially where we make out the majority of the populace *cough*'

    It's a widely supported VIEW that the Quran is the undivided word of God, and nobody should question it.
    I've met tons of muslims of whom im convinced they dont take every rule literally, but they would NEVER say it out loud.

    If you look at the main ' philosophy' of the Islam it's clearly a very conservative line of thinking, hostile towards enlightened thinking, equality, and science.

    Just by saying: 'oh but we do believe women are equal to men, as long as they're in the kitchen cooking and giving birth to babies because thats the position God intended for her' doesnt make it so.

    Now I could go much deeper into this, but I actually think you're an okay guy, and it's not my intention to come across as if im deliberately insulting the religion of your family and ancestors.





    To Gezere yes all those claims of repugnant acts can be hung upon Muslims but they are neither a precondition of being a Muslim or isolated to the Muslim community.

    It is not that they should not be addressed it is just that to start with OMG Islam is so barbaric does not help to solve the problem.

    As you are making the claim that although in Europe Muslim terrorism/violence is one of the smaller threats this does not hold true of the world please provide evidence to back this up (If you are going to include figures from Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel/Palestine please also count the people killed by the western/Israeli Military).

    My main interest in this in Western Europe and North Africa as that is where I have experience of being seen a Muslim and subjected to Islamophobia.

    I am therefore genuinely interested in the figures for the rest of the world.[/QUOTE]
  4. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,017

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 5:53am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Blah blah
    All of those charges could have easily been levelled at Christianity at one time or another.

    Many of them still can.

    This bigoted bullshit is not a productive way to engage people of Muslim descent.
  5. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:06am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    This bigoted bullshit is not a productive way to engage people of Muslim descent.
    The Saudi education ministry disagree with you.

    A review of a sample of official Saudi textbooks for Islamic studies used during the current academic year reveals that, despite the Saudi government's statements to the contrary, an ideology of hatred toward Christians and Jews and Muslims who do not follow Wahhabi doctrine remains in this area of the public school system. The texts teach a dualistic vision, dividing the world into true believers of Islam (the "monotheists") and unbelievers (the "polytheists" and "infidels").

    This indoctrination begins in a first-grade text and is reinforced and expanded each year, culminating in a 12th-grade text instructing students that their religious obligation includes waging jihad against the infidel to "spread the faith."
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051901769.html
  6. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:18am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    The Saudi education ministry disagree with you.


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051901769.html
    And they are very very wrong, are you really arguing that any horrible, repugnant **** that any violent, backward despotic regime does should be a justification for us to do the same?
  7. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:21am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    And they are very very wrong, are you really arguing that any horrible, repugnant **** that any violent, backward despotic regime does should be a justification for us to do the same?
    Do you see the words 'any horrible, repugnant **** that any violent, backward despotic regime does should be a justification for us to do the same' in my post?

    Because if not, then its quite likely that I didn't say that and wasn't arguing that, wouldn't you say?
  8. Totemicist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    474

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:27am


     Style: BJJ & K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Do you see the words 'any horrible, repugnant **** that any violent, backward despotic regime does should be a justification for us to do the same' in my post?

    Because if not, then its quite likely that I didn't say that and wasn't arguing that, wouldn't you say?
    I personally find the Saudi practice of indoctrinating children to hate those outside their religion to be "horrible repugnant ****" and I think that Saudi Arabia is a "violent, backward despotic regime".

    So yes it was in your post.
  9. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:29am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    So yes it was in your post.
    Do you normally struggle this much with reading?
  10. wetware is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,132

    Posted On:
    7/21/2011 6:33am


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist View Post
    And they are very very wrong, are you really arguing that any horrible, repugnant **** that any violent, backward despotic regime does should be a justification for us to do the same?
    And that is a total straw man. No one said that "just because the Muslims do it, we can too." The whole convert or be put to the sword thing rubs me the wrong way. As does the idea of a caliphate, which IIRC Islam also demands. Screw democracy. As a matter of fact, screw socialism. Theocracy is the way to go!

    The scary thing is that as far as governments in the region go the
    Saudis are actually pretty fucking forward thinking!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.