225332 Bullies, 4038 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 121 to 130 of 988
Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 141516172363 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,698

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:37pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Fixed.
    Semantics.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,979

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:42pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Semantics.
    Nope. It was, but that ship sailed of it is their own damn fault now.
  3. atomicpoet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    876

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:46pm


     Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    You're from Canada. Your argument is invalid.
    This argument, however, is valid.

  4. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,698

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:49pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My truck is badass. It's a man's truck. Full of tools and guns AND I can crank it from inside the house. Who's yer Daddy?
  5. yli is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    643

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:50pm


     Style: Stabbing the Face.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just called up Exile Fitness. The person answering the phone didn't have many answers for me, so I'll check the place out in person I guess.
  6. atomicpoet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    876

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:01pm


     Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    My truck is badass. It's a man's truck. Full of tools and guns AND I can crank it from inside the house. Who's yer Daddy?
    Hey look! You can get confederate flag TruckNutz™.

  7. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Emotionally, I can't fathom how someone could be anti-gun or vote for a hippie puss to run the country instead of a war hero. But I don't seriously try to claim they lack intelligence just because they think differently than me.
    Well, (IMO), having condensed the myriad issues and conflicting interests in the how many guns is enough guns debate to pro-gun or anti-gun, and using the terms hippy-puss, and the blind label War Hero, cause me to question your thinking, or at least what you spilled out of your head, out and into the world in that statement. Right wing talking points much?

    Not thinking clearly, or perverting facts to fit the preconception doesn't have to be accepted as equal-in-weight, to reasoned thought. Frothing Palinesque rants with made up facts, and improvised stats, aren't equal because they're different. Both sides of the story, and other generic terms for humoring bigots, and idiots are poison.

    Racists aren't separate but equal (ha), in the intellectual debate about humanity. If they were on an equal intellectual footing, they wouldn't need to resort to violence, and the threat of it, to impose their will.

    Brought to you by beer.
  8. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,698

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:25pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Well, (IMO), having condensed the myriad issues and conflicting interests in the how many guns is enough guns debate to pro-gun or anti-gun, and using the terms hippy-puss, and the blind label War Hero, cause me to question your thinking, or at least what you spilled out of your head, out and into the world in that statement. Right wing talking points much?

    Not thinking clearly, or perverting facts to fit the preconception doesn't have to be accepted as equal-in-weight, to reasoned thought. Frothing Palinesque rants with made up facts, and improvised stats, aren't equal because they're different. Both sides of the story, and other generic terms for humoring bigots, and idiots are poison.

    Racists aren't separate but equal (ha), in the intellectual debate about humanity. If they were on an equal intellectual footing, they wouldn't need to resort to violence, and the threat of it, to impose their will.

    Brought to you by beer.
    You're talking out your ass. You're basing your argument on emotion, not logic.

    Right wing, Palinesque, blah blah blah. You want to pidgeon hole me but I don't fit into your hole. I'm not right wing. I'm not a Republican. Some of my ideas are extreme in both directions. Most folks don't know how to take people who have well thought out ideas that don't fall into what is considered the norm.

    Racists are absolutely on equal intellectual footing in the debate about humanity. Right and wrong is an abstract concept. Your "my way or the highway" attitude is arrogant and egotistical.

    Your assertion that racism = violence is also a joke.
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,979

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:31pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leave them alone, it is safer to think all bad people or racists are dumb. If you take the time to realize we demonize specific categories od people as idiots, the world is a tad bit scarier for some people.

    It is when the idiots, of a particular group, get their hands on some authority that you have problems.
  10. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 3:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole notion that there's science to support the idea that racists are inherently unintelligent is silly. Furthermore, I'm for truthful science regardless of how unappealing the outcomes are for me or anyone else. I find it humorous that students at Dartmouth would pursue a study like this. Would they make the effort to study differences between races that may be unflattering? No, because they're afraid of being called the R word even if knowledge can be gained.
    Oh yeah, you're completely an objective, Randian ego, with no stake in this whatsoever, only pursuing freedom of knowledge. Actually you're a quasi-Social Darwinist internet cliche.

    Science may not support racists being inherently unintelligent (although if you did a large study comparing the average normal person and average Neo Nazi, i'm sure you'd find a large spread) but it does support them being willfully ignorant. The idea of race as an inherent concept is not used in human taxonomy for a reason, and it's not because your imaginary PC police have stormed the halls of geneticists. It simply has no relevance to the classification of humans.

    As according to Craig Venter, one of the mappers in the Human Genome Project:

    Race is a social concept. It's not a scientific one. There are no bright lines (that would stand out), if we could compare all the sequenced genomes of everyone on the planet.
    Any historical study of race will bear this out. Historical definitions of race have varied wildly. Ancient Romans didn't consider Celts or Germanic barbarians (the so-called "master race") to be part of the same classification as themselves. Irish people were, until the 19th century, not considered white (I recommend especially Ignatiev's How The Irish Became White on that subject).

    If you don't know any of this, educate yourself.



    So, resumming up, racist beliefs are 19th century psuedoscience.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.