232864 Bullies, 3851 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 988
Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,100

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:48pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  2. WhiteShark is offline
    WhiteShark's Avatar

    1% Shark is better than you.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,176

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:50pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly racism makes you dumb because Nazi Germany was so technologically behind! Wait what?
  3. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 1:53pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    You're the devil...of course you'd say that.

    It taxes the brain IMO. I think it's the lag, of translating inner thoughts, to PC ones, when they conflict with a person's accustomed dialogue that would be derogatory to the person being spoken to. Inner proofreading FTL.

    It's not that wild of a concept. I've seen enough of this in real life, that it's not that vierd an idea to me. People shell up, when they're communicating with someone outside of their perceived group of the worthy.

    Also, the inner mental gymnastics needed, to maintain a worldview that certain people are inferior, because of something so arbitrary as their skintone, in spite of all available evidence to the contrary, has to affect attempts at rational thought.
    I know what you're saying about the mental gymnastics. It's like me having to constantly think about what I'm saying at work so I don't address people as ************. I get that, but I don't see how using your brain MORE makes you less intelligent. That's a long stretch. Having to think more before you speak doesn't make someone less intelligent.

    Also, you're making two conflicting arguments. 1. Racists are dumbasses who couldn't arrive at their conclusions about race through careful and rational thought. 2. Racists maintain their racist worldviews through mental gymnastics.

    The whole notion that there's science to support the idea that racists are inherently unintelligent is silly. Furthermore, I'm for truthful science regardless of how unappealing the outcomes are for me or anyone else. I find it humorous that students at Dartmouth would pursue a study like this. Would they make the effort to study differences between races that may be unflattering? No, because they're afraid of being called the R word even if knowledge can be gained.
  4. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,061

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Clearly racism makes you dumb because Nazi Germany was so technologically behind! Wait what?
    Certainly it's clear that the party leaders were magnificent scientists. [/sarcasm] Mysticism ruled the upper ranks, and yes, it made them foolish.

    German engineering is good, and has been, but Germany isn't now, and wasn't then, full of nothing-but-racists. Nationalism and violence played a heavy role in the Nazi takeover. Complainers vanishing, has a curious way of silencing critics.
  5. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:18pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Certainly it's clear that the party leaders were magnificent scientists. [/sarcasm] Mysticism ruled the upper ranks, and yes, it made them foolish.

    German engineering is good, and has been, but Germany isn't now, and wasn't then, full of nothing-but-racists. Nationalism and violence played a heavy role in the Nazi takeover. Complainers vanishing, has a curious way of silencing critics.
    That still doesn't support your argument that being racist makes you stupid. That notion is based on emotion, not science.

    Emotionally, I can't fathom how someone could be anti-gun or vote for a hippie puss to run the country instead of a war hero. But I don't seriously try to claim they lack intelligence just because they think differently than me.
  6. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So given how vehemently racist towards white people the black ruling elites in South Africa and Zimbabwe are, are we therefore to conclude that the reason those countries have shitty governance is because of the stupifying effects of racism on the ANC and Zanu PF leadership.

    Because that would sure as **** explain Julius Malema.
  7. atomicpoet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    876

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:29pm


     Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Emotionally, I can't fathom how someone could be anti-gun or vote for a hippie puss to run the country instead of a war hero.
    Let me guess: your pick-up has its own set of TruckNutz™.
  8. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:34pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    So given how vehemently racist towards white people the black ruling elites in South Africa and Zimbabwe are, are we therefore to conclude that the reason those countries have shitty governance is because of the stupifying effects of racism on the ANC and Zanu PF leadership.

    Because that would sure as **** explain Julius Malema.
    No. It's whitey's fault.
  9. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:34pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Let me guess: your pick-up has its own set of TruckNutz™.
    You're from Canada. Your argument is invalid.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,100

    Posted On:
    7/11/2011 2:36pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    No. It WAS whitey's fault.
    Fixed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.