Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    But he' just not that good. Franklin made him look like a fool, he only beat out Marq because he stalled more than Nate did, and he really has never been impressive.
    I'm sorry but what? First of all the Franklin fight was back in 2007. In what world is that even remotely relevant? Are you saying that he is the same fighter he was in back then?

To quote Sonnen, "He thoroughly handled me during training." Okami has a smothering top game, and that might just be Silva's greatest weakness. If Silva wants to win then he is going to need to keep the fight standing.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnen has had good things to say about Okami after he trained with him which makes me think that we might just see something very surprising out of Okami in the match.
    Seriously? People still listen when Sonnen talk?

He is the same guy who said people who use triangle chokes are cowards. Everything out of his mouth is a load of horseshit. Of course he is going to upsell the guy who is training with him to avenge his most recent loss. His trolling got old fast.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 4:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Franklin made him look like a fool
    Nothing happened for the first two rounds and in the third Okami nearly tapped him. Did you actually watch it?
    I'm not trying to say he's a bum, he is a good fighter, he's going up against the best of the best, being good doesn't cut it. Forrest Griffin is good, better than Okami, look what it got him. You have to be great, at worst, just to lose to Silva with dignity. I expect an embarassing loss for Okami, whether it's like Maia's or Griffins is up to Silva and Silva alone.
    Forrest is the kind of guy who will brawl with Silva. Okami is not.

P.S. In my post way above I put "mixing in the right" as if Okami weren't a southpaw, apologies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 3:14pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    I'm sorry but what? First of all the Franklin fight was back in 2007. In what world is that even remotely relevant? Are you saying that he is the same fighter he was in back then?
    It's relevant because that was one of, if not the best fighter he's ever faced and he got humiliated. Also, despite getting humiliated, it was one of his better performances in his career. Okami has never been top tier, and now he's facing the best of an era. Are you trying to imply Okami is the only fighter in the world who has improved? Franklin improved in his rematch with Silva and what did it get him? Is the Nate fight your proof of this colossul improvement Okami has made? Cause wow, he was a killer in that one wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    To quote Sonnen, "He thoroughly handled me during training." Okami has a smothering top game, and that might just be Silva's greatest weakness. If Silva wants to win then he is going to need to keep the fight standing.
    Oh, sorry I didn't realize he said that. A guy from a fighters camp s never anything but brutaly honest. I mean if Sonnen was tooling him in camp, he would've said so and talked about how Okami was gonna get bent over. I remember Big Nog's camp talking about how Frank Mir had never seen boxing until he got in there with Nog. And **** if Nog didn't beat the crap out of Mir's fists in that fight. A couple more of those face plants on Mirs hands and Mir would've been forced to tap. And I remember Kos's camp talking about how great Kos stand up had improved and he was gonna beat GSP on his feet. I remember Shields camp talking about GSP had never faced a ground fighter of his calibur. I remember Rashad's camp talking about how Machida was in for a war. I remember Tito's camp. Since 06. Nuff said there. I remember Rua's camp talking about how Bones was in over his head and Rua was going to tear him apart.

So CLEARLY... What Sonnen has to say on the matter is all that matters.

I won't argue that Okami has a smothering top game. He is amazing at pinning guys against the cage and holding them there. I also won't argue that that might be Silva's biggest weakness. I mean he only has a few submission wins and one of the best guards in the division, so a guy who is great at just holding someone down has the distinct advantage there....

Sarcasm aside. If Silva wants to win, all he has to do is win. To be honest, the trend in mma says all he has to do is not lose.

If Okami wants to win, he has to either get lucky or cheat. The problem here is, he is way to cautious to get lucky, and way to good of a sportsmen to cheat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 3:30pm

Style: Issh"i"nryu fixed....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Nothing happened for the first two rounds and in the third Okami nearly tapped him. Did you actually watch it?
    I guess you could call it my objective opinion. But at that point, Rich was still down on himself and everyone knew this was just a tune-up fight. Okami was billed as having super-human strength and hyped for his win-streak, yet he looked more cautious than ever in a fight that could have changed his career. All doubts about Okami being a one trek fighter were put to rest after that, and it was still one of his best fights. To me, thats embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Forrest is the kind of guy who will brawl with Silva. Okami is not.
    True, Forrest is the type that would brawl with Silva. But that's not what he did, he was trying to fight smart, just nothing worked for him. Okami is definately not... He's the type that won't even throw a punch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 4:01pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me get this straight.. okami was K.O. by a accident kick the last time and now people are debating if he will be able to fight against Anderson silva? Anderson is a man that haven't lost since and he has been fighting all the top dogs since.. I would like to put a bet on this fight.. free money

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 5:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sarcasm aside. If Silva wants to win, all he has to do is win.
    So that's what he has to do. Hmmm.

If Okami wants to win, he has to either get lucky or cheat. The problem here is, he is way to cautious to get lucky, and way to good of a sportsmen to cheat.
    Arrg not the fucking steroid issue again. Look, steroids help the gastank, muscle mass, speed(?) and training recuperation, they don't grow skills. If you're thinking about the Sonnen fight; has everyone forgotten about Silva's CRACKED RIB? Most people go to a hospital, but he couldn't speak English and got lost on his way, somehow ended up in the cage.
    Okami's chances are nihil, steroids or not. Then again, anything can happen in a fight.

Unless by cheating you mean that Okami should bring a knife, then yes I agree.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okami will surely be a more dangerous match up than Vitor Belfort. Still though, Anderson Silva is god.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to see Okami win, just so the Silva nuthuggers would realize that while legendary, he's still mortal. Silva's weakness has always been strong wrestlers, so maybe Okami will be able to bully him a bit.

Not that it works out for everyone... Carlos Newton, Henderson, Lutter, and Sonnen all were dominant at some point in their fights with Silva, but fell short regardless. I'll never say he's not an incredible fighter, but I'd love to see one more Daisu Takase-style ass kicking.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post
    I'd love to see Okami win, just so the Silva nuthuggers would realize that while legendary, he's still mortal.
    No hes not.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast