Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kashima Shinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fluffers View Post
    I don't know why I train, to be honest. I just like it. It just feels "right".
    Ah, I just remembered. It's because I'm awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 7:07pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train mostly for fun, but also to stop me slipping back into an unhealthy state of smoking tobacco and weed every day as I have found that doing martial arts is a great incentive to keep healthy as I hate gassing out. Without that focus it is quite likely that I would be a physical wreck by now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 10:00pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun, fitness, toughness, leadership, maturity.

Well, that and subduing drunks when the occasion arises. Note that shoulder locks hurt enough even at safe ranges of extension to do exactly that.

The longer I train, the greater the temptation grows to test my greater skills (a temptation I wager I'm not alone in experiencing), but I also have an increasingly better sense of keeping my fool head in check to balance that out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 11:30pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oplus View Post
    The longer I train, the greater the temptation grows to test my greater skills (a temptation I wager I'm not alone in experiencing), but I also have an increasingly better sense of keeping my fool head in check to balance that out.
    That's why Bullshido has throwdowns. It might not be quiet the same as fighting a roid raging gorilla on PCP, but I imagine sparring Omega is pretty damned close.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcastknight View Post
    That's why Bullshido has throwdowns. It might not be quiet the same as fighting a roid raging gorilla on PCP, but I imagine sparring Omega is pretty damned close.
    I'd rather fight with Omega than with Whiteshark. Why? I'm pretty sure that making a bad move against Omega is going to get me KO'd or choked out, OR I'll have an opportunity to tap out.

Versus Whiteshark, I'm concerned that one of his leg kicks could end me haha. he kicks me in the head with one of those shins and it's hospital time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 11:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are throwdowns strictly MMA?

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 11:30am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because it's Wednesday, and on Wednesdays we have keiko.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 3:24pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because Judo is the funnest thing I've ever done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 1:46am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was eight my parents made me start training in Kajukembo, because I was getting into too many fights, and needed discipline to control my temper. The principal threatened to kick me out of school if my parents trained me to fight.

I started training in Aikido after an incident where I hurt a kid out of a reaction to a sudden movement he made during an argument. He wasn't trying to hit me but was trying to throw something at someone else. I hit him without even thinking about it. I liked the idea of being able to protect myself without having to cause harm to another, till I absolutely needed too. I also saw potential to use the entries in Aikido to enhance the application of Kajukembo.

I continue to train so I can better my skill in both styles and teach when I retire from State Service. I want to start a school where we use more modern attacks and alive training with Aikido as well as the traditional methods. Ultimately I would like to start a martial arts conservatory here in Nor-Cal. This includes wrestling, boxing, and MMA. A place where everything can be "pressure tested" and combine modern needs and and teaching methods with traditional methods.

I also continue too train for my job which requires me to be in close contact with felons in an institutional setting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 3:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I also continue too train for my job which requires me to be in close contact with felons in an institutional setting.
    Huh. Ever had to use Aikido-exclusive tech in your line of work?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast