Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma is saying karate sucks? I'm confused. Am I once again missing something? Some thing clever, or a joke?

I see he does MT. I found MT to train a lot like KK, but a lot less variety so more boring (Master Toddy must like a few techniques endlessly drilled). MT has better clinch techniques, KK better leg sweep takedowns, back kicks and eye pokes, and is a broader martial art. KK was influenced by fighting in Thailand, I do believe.

I train 'cause I get to wear a neato black gi and throw children around and kick black belts in the face (on my good days).
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 2:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train for my daughter
    1. she loves going to class with me
    2.it keeps me in shape so I don.t keel over and I can see her grow up
    3. I am more prepared to keep her safe
    4. The stress relief I get from training keeps me from going off at work so I can keep my Job and provide a roof over her head
    5. Its fun and I enjoy the people at my academy

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 4:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninpo View Post
    I am sincerely curious what people's reasons are.
    Wrestled in school, did TKD at a gym where $ was more important than the art, didn't understand, too young in the mind, then coached wrestling to kids, met some awesome folks doing judo to supplement wrestling, and wanted to spend more time with them, and learn, they let me in.

Judo...the rich history, art, and street jujitsu, but mostly judo, and I am a beginner, that doesn't get much time, but love the camaraderie, fitness and what I learn, is a lot of fun and that feeling AFTER a session is remarkable.

Not young anymore, kinda fucked up due to rugby 25 years ago, so everything is 50% or less for me. Fun as hell, love this stuff and hate not being able to go as much as I want due to work schdule.

Lastly, the r-e-s-p-e-c-t involved in these sports, is unmatched anywhere, IMHO.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 6:47am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A light in the end of a long work/school day. Something to break the routine that gives you a calm "high" feeling (if you are not injured).
    Self confidence and the relative calmness with it.
    The macho feeling of doing a macho sport.
    The camaraderie from your club, a feeling of belonging.
    Serious fitness and strength, while gaining or at least maintaining a useful skill (unlike running on a treadmill or lifting weights).
    Being good at something that most people can't stand doing, and getting their respect because of it (makes me feel kinda masculine and tough).
    A nice opportunity to transfer your passion and knowledge to noobs that share said passion.
    I'm off the market (getting married soon) but it used to be a great conversation subject with the ladies, they find this "brutal" sport very "manly" and if you sport some muscles too....yeah...good times were had.
    Any ways i think the question should be, why don't you train.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All your reasons are dumb, the only acceptable answer is "because it's fun to fight in any manner".

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 10:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Wow! Pretty much EVERYTHING he does other than BJJ and the straight punch is described as a Shotokan trait.
    Hopefully, this does not include his dietary habits.

While other styles' nutriders may have to drink the kool-aid...

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wado ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I as a Wado ryu karate practioner train as a way of getting better also to find a sort of enlightenment in the techniques so that if it came to the real thing i would be prepared fisically and mentally. I also train for the fun i get out of learning new techniques and correcting my techniques for next time.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112