Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 3:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I were you, I would want to fight someone skilled rather than huge, as the larger opponent might not be aware enough to beat you without hurting you. The most important thing in your first tournament is to have fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2011 5:28pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the joint issues! Have you heard of or tried Hyaloronic Acid? Look up ultimate HA formula
    from purityproduucts.com. I have shoulder issues too most likely from weight lifting too young. HA is a building block for all connective tissues. Your body can make its own glucosamine that's a better fit than glucosamine you can buy, cause your body made it. I actually noticed a difference after taking HA for a few days. I mega dosed it though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2011 3:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin/Judo/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does suck being a female martial artist who wants to do tournaments. In my last kyokushin tournament there wasnt enough women so they combined the middleweights with the heavyweights. I ended up fighting a 2nd dan black belt who weighed at least 30kg more than me. Neededless to say it did not end so well for me but I learnt a lot from that fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 4:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    On the joint issues! Have you heard of or tried Hyaloronic Acid? Look up ultimate HA formula
    from purityproduucts.com. I have shoulder issues too most likely from weight lifting too young. HA is a building block for all connective tissues. Your body can make its own glucosamine that's a better fit than glucosamine you can buy, cause your body made it. I actually noticed a difference after taking HA for a few days. I mega dosed it though.
    Oo! I should try some. I think my own joint weakness is simply from being hypermobile, but it can't hurt to try some...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 4:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by budochic View Post
    It does suck being a female martial artist who wants to do tournaments. In my last kyokushin tournament there wasnt enough women so they combined the middleweights with the heavyweights. I ended up fighting a 2nd dan black belt who weighed at least 30kg more than me. Neededless to say it did not end so well for me but I learnt a lot from that fight.
    Ugh...I hope you weren't injured?

That's the kind of thing I'm scared of. I weigh 54 kilograms right now....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2011 7:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin/Judo/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was battered and bruised, but not injured. Don't be scared. Worst case senario you lose and you learn from it.

Posted On:
    7/13/2011 4:42am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a girl who was keen on competing, but was super light 45kg-ish and low graded, orange belt. So we found a nice safe comp and I spent a lot of time on the phone getting assurances from the event organiser that she would be looked after and that we could withdraw her if the category looked risky.

In her second match she got drop seoi-ed onto her head and killed.

Or so I thought.

Until after a few seconds, which felt like hours she came to.

Then it turned out she was paralysed, she couldn't feel or move her legs.

I shat myself.

Then eventually she was able to feel her legs and arms.

Finally she was up and able to walk around neither dead nor paralysed.

That was pretty much the worse coaching experience I've ever had, standing on the mat next to the medics thinking I'd entered someone into a comp that had got them paralysed and or killed.

So the worst thing that can happen is your coach has a heartache and ages 15 years.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12