Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2011 4:32pm

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Redesigning a Shotokan website,

I may be remaking the website for my sensei's dojo. It was created a long time ago by someone I don't know and hasn't been touched since.

I'd like to ask you guys for input on what a Shotokan schools website should show. It needs to be informative and attractive not just for new people but so experienced people such as yourselves would give the site a thumbs up.

Here's the site, past the logo and annoying music that will be scrapped: http://www.grandchampionskarate.com/IndexHome.htm
    And here it is from the index page, intro and all if you wish to see: http://grandchampionskarate.com/

I just started in the school two weeks ago and it's a competition focused dojo. I'm training with the competition team now and we intend to have a page dedicated to up to date tourney happenings and far more recent photo galleries.

Is there anything you guys think should be expounded upon more? Is there something missing that any good martial arts website should have? Anything specific to Shotokan I should aware of that needs coverage on the site?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Your time is much appreciated.

Also, my apologies if this isn't the correct thread to do this in. I'm not sure what the right place is and figured targeting those that practice styles from a similar region (and even the same style).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 12:26pm

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure you dont use the words fighting, fight, self defense or combat. It would be false advertising.

Highlight traditional, discipline, respect, structure. No one can really pick at those.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2011 11:27am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, I wouldn't have thought of that one. Excellent, thanks ^^

Posted On:
    7/31/2011 6:49pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im familiar with this Dojo it is one of the best sport karate Dojos on Long Island . The Sensei's are both former members of the Egyptian National Team . Sensei Mostafa Elrakabaway a 6th dan in Shotokan also holds Dan Ranking in Shito ryu won a gold Medal as a member of the Egyptian Team in Team Kata . If you want to learn how to be a world class Competitor in Kata/Kumite AAU /USANKF/WKF style and or learn to be a licensed official thats the dojo
    Move along citizen ,nothing to see here !!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 12:08am

Style: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say don't use any flashing images, don't use bright colours for the background and try to standarised on the format of pages.

Take a look at the website of the first association that I learnt karate from.

-Ken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2011 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with above, don't use any flashing/moving images. I find sounds are also annoying. You want it to look professional but interesting enough for people to stay and look.