Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 1:28pm

Style: ATA TKD, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
    while running 3 times a week (all the swimming was just to help boost my running). what do ya think?
    I think that if you want to boost your running, you need to run more. About the only cross exercise that I might recommend to help running is cycling. What level of x-country? If you are doing HS x-country, then 30-40mpw of running is what I'd recommend for your off season.

You need to figure out what you want to focus on, and make that your primary goal in workouts, and do the others as occasional supplement.

John

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 2:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
    yeah, i know it's not great. But i never swam really before these last two months so really i'll i'm doing right now is going for personal records. The road to being great starts with sucking.
    No the road to being great is training correctly. There are swimming programs that will help. If you just started swimming, regardless of the reason, personal records are a goal after you learn how to train correctly.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2011 9:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aodhan: well i swam because i wasn't used to running long distances. so when i would run i would be slowed down by my feet and shins hurting, so i didn't get as good of a cardio workout. but with the team runs every week my feet and shins are getting more used to it so i add in more running and less swimming. and yeah im doing HS XC.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123