Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 9:51am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cut out the bullshit crabs. No bread, rice or pasta except for one cheat meal a week. Otherwise eat oatmeal, meat, veggies and fruit. Eat often. You'd be surprised what this will do for your physique.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 2:22pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant carbs, of course. Not crabs. Crabs are delicious.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 9:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, right now im swimming two sets of a 1/4 mile. and just bumping it up when i dont feel like im dead at the end. but im no doubt new to swimming so the progress is slow.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
    yeah, right now im swimming two sets of a 1/4 mile. and just bumping it up when i dont feel like im dead at the end. but im no doubt new to swimming so the progress is slow.
    1/4 mile is 400m and that is cool down/warm up swimming. It will not help you for cardio at all. As noted in top form I was swimming anywhere from 8 to 12,000 meters 6 days a week. I could eat anything. Man I wish I could get back to half of that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2011 10:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i know it's not great. But i never swam really before these last two months so really i'll i'm doing right now is going for personal records. The road to being great starts with sucking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2011 6:58pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with BudoMonkey 100% on the carbs. Worked my but off to the point of injury too many times. Just ended up stalling out on weight loss. As soon as I switched to fresh veggies (no damn potatoes) and protein only, I dropped 43 lbs and have kept it off with no effort.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 1:45pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about brown rice? Still bad?

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/19/2011 4:49pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brown rice is going to be better than white rice. But this is primarily because it'll at least contain more in the way of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It's still pretty dense with carbohydrates. Which is fine... but if you're looking to lose bodyfat, carbohydrates should really only be a part of your diet when you're planning to use them immediately for energy. I.e. right before an intense workout (weightlifting, MA practice, etc.), but NOT before a metabolic workout such as cardio.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2011 1:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for all the great advice. i only got one more question, what do you think of P90X? i feel like all you know your stuff so i feel good listening to you. I'm starting cross country in about 2 weeks and have been doing team runs every monday for the last 3 weeks. but after i get done with the season i was considering doing p90x while running 3 times a week (all the swimming was just to help boost my running). what do ya think?

Posted On:
    7/21/2011 3:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are probably eating to much healthy foods. You have to eat to live. So, you need to stop eating junk foods, and try to make sure the healthy foods you eat are low in fats. The fats that you are eating in the healthy foods, are probably to high amounts to lose weight. Find balance by exercising and eating balanced out meals. You would be better off gaining weight by eating right then losing it with junk food. By the time you hit 25, the junk food will only back stab you. Hope this helps :)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast