Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 3:50pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    Obviously i know my diet is **** so for the past month ive changed it to this:

breakfast:
    low fat yoghurt with a bannana, black tea no sugar

Lunch: home made ham salad roll, fruit and water.

dinner: tuna and pasta, spaghetti bolognese, fish and rice. All home made.
    It sounds like you're not eating nearly enough, but it's hard to say more than that because you didn't include any reference to serving size. I do notice that you didn't list even one green vegetable. Do you really eat so few vegetables?
    The problem is that now at work i feel weak and cant concentrate and generally tired, grumpy and short tempered all day. Is this just because ive suddenly cut out loads of sugar and carbs out of my diet and my body is having withdrawal symptoms? I also read that you should cut out the Carbs if you want to lose weight but carbs give you energy and i need energy to do my job properly?
    Some general questions to consider:
    1. How does your meal schedule compare to your work schedule?
    2. How do those schedules compare to your sleep schedule?
    3. What is your Basal Metabolism Rate?

If you don't know the answers to those questions immediately, you've got some foundational work yet to do. Better food will not magically make you healthy; you need to eat better food at appropriate times and in appropriate amounts.

How often do you drink water? Digesting food makes you slightly more dehydrated than you were before you ate, so you should consider how frequently you drink water in comparison to how often you eat (and how much you sweat).
    Ive read the Breakfast thread so im now going to start eatting porridge or granola for breakfast to give me some energy up untill lunch but what should i have for lunch and dinner? A couple of guys i work with work out alot at the gym and they've suggested eatting grilled chicken and brown rice for lunch but they're looking to gain weight where as im looking to lose it so should i eat this?
    The only foods you should avoid when you want to lose weight are obviously non-nutritious things like cake, soda, and so on. Eating grilled chicken and brown rice is fine when you're looking to lose weight: how much you eat is the most important thing. What you eat does matter, don't get me wrong. Your old diet had you consuming quite a few calories just from soda, and you didn't get anything beneficial in the deal (e.g. protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, et cetera).

An important thing to note is that a good diet allows you to “cheat” on occasion. Plan in advance which meals will be off-diet and ensure that you don't binge. Adhering to your diet only 90% of the time won't completely derail your weight loss, and it's much better than feeling imprisoned by your diet.
    Basicly im looking for a healthy diet which will help me lose weight but still contain enough calories to keep my energy levels up all day at work. Can anybody suggest a good diet plan for me?
    I already mentioned Precision Nutrition once in this thread, and I'm careful to avoid appearing to be a shill. It seems like you need to learn how to eat. What matters, why those things are important, and how to apply that to actually buying the right things in the grocery store. The only reason I know anything at all on these subjects is PN (and threads in this forum that linked to PN articles). That is just my own personal experience: what I want to get across to you is that you need some education. Maybe try asking your doctor to recommend a book, then checking it out from a library?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 8:27am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    It sounds like you're not eating nearly enough, but it's hard to say more than that because you didn't include any reference to serving size. I do notice that you didn't list even one green vegetable. Do you really eat so few vegetables?
    The only time i eat vegetables is when i go round my mums for a traditional english sunday roast then its veggies galour.

Some general questions to consider:
    1. How does your meal schedule compare to your work schedule?
    2. How do those schedules compare to your sleep schedule?
    3. What is your Basal Metabolism Rate?

If you don't know the answers to those questions immediately, you've got some foundational work yet to do. Better food will not magically make you healthy; you need to eat better food at appropriate times and in appropriate amounts.
    I haven't got a clue some serious research is needed on my part.

How often do you drink water? Digesting food makes you slightly more dehydrated than you were before you ate, so you should consider how frequently you drink water in comparison to how often you eat (and how much you sweat).
    I hardly drink at all during the day usually only when im eating. Then i drink loads at night because im reall thirsty. I have breakfast when i arrive at work at 7:30 am then lunch at 11:00 am till 12:00 then dinner at about 6:00 pm

The only foods you should avoid when you want to lose weight are obviously non-nutritious things like cake, soda, and so on. Eating grilled chicken and brown rice is fine when you're looking to lose weight: how much you eat is the most important thing. What you eat does matter, don't get me wrong. Your old diet had you consuming quite a few calories just from soda, and you didn't get anything beneficial in the deal (e.g. protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, et cetera).

An important thing to note is that a good diet allows you to “cheat” on occasion. Plan in advance which meals will be off-diet and ensure that you don't binge. Adhering to your diet only 90% of the time won't completely derail your weight loss, and it's much better than feeling imprisoned by your diet.

I already mentioned Precision Nutrition once in this thread, and I'm careful to avoid appearing to be a shill. It seems like you need to learn how to eat. What matters, why those things are important, and how to apply that to actually buying the right things in the grocery store. The only reason I know anything at all on these subjects is PN (and threads in this forum that linked to PN articles). That is just my own personal experience: what I want to get across to you is that you need some education. Maybe try asking your doctor to recommend a book, then checking it out from a library?
    I haven't seen my doctor in years. I will take your advice and do some research the thing is there's just so much conflicting information on dieting its hard to know which one to belive, i suppose thats why its best to ask the doctor.

Thanks for the advice

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2011 4:42pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some good info on the thread already. I would recomend to anyone interested there is a free Iphone app that I used to track calories that is super easy and free. It's called Lose It, It really helped me get a handle on my nutrition, I wasn't really looking to lose weight but I had serious issues with portion control and eating correctly through out the day. I was taking in waaaaay to many carbs, and drank a **** ton of soda. Simple things that don't take a lot of effort to cut calories with out giving up on foods you are "addicted to" for coffee switch to skim instead of cream and splenda instead of sugar. It cuts like over 200 calories out of a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. I switched to those little crystal light packets with water instead of drinking a can of coke. Sometimes if your undisciplined taking little steps helps instead of making many huge alterations.

Now I eat pretty much all local organic, I eat tons of fruit, veggies, as much good clean protein as I can, like grass fed beef and free range chicken and shop mostly at farmers markets instead of stores. Watch FoodInc and Fat Head documentaries on netflix and it will give you some good ideas I think.

Posted On:
    9/09/2011 2:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: dfffffffffff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice sharing.
    Here i am going to show you my diet plan.
    1. Eat simple bread with fresh juice in breakfast.
    2. Eat vegetable role or fresh salads in lunch.
    3. You can take green tea at 4:00 PM.
    4. Eat boiled rice in dinner.

Posted On:
    9/10/2011 2:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: dfffffffffff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Nice sharing.
    Here i am going to show you my diet plan.
    1. Eat simple bread with fresh juice in breakfast.
    2. Eat vegetable role or fresh salads in lunch.
    3. You can take green tea at 4:00 PM.
    4. Eat boiled rice in dinner.
    chino boot camp
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123