Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 4:18pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He might help if you lost the attitude...

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 4:40pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if he wasn't banned...
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    7/23/2011 2:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are very serious about losing weight you need to have this program. It worked for me and it is the only diet program that lost me 11 pounds in 2 weeks. It works very well and using correct info will lose your weight fast . You can find more info here link below - http://bit.ly/lotr156

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2011 2:30pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    And if he wasn't banned...
    Touche

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 11:15am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm stealing his thread, cause I'm bad like that.

I'll soon be moving to Seattle, and I have the opportunity to spend the next 6-8 months training, dieting, and working out with the aim of being thinner, stronger, and generally in better shape then I am now.

I'm 6'3", 290lbs, 26yrs old. My workout plan is as follows:

Judo/Sambo 3-4x week
    Stronglifts 5x5 3x week
    Biking to work (2miles each way) 5x week

The last time I successfully dieted I was consuming roughly 1800 calories a day with one moderate "cheat" day, usually Sunday. BMR + Harris-Benedict (1.375): 3650 cal/day (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/)

My biggest issue was that every few weeks I'd become sluggish, lethargic, wouldn't feel good, etc. After a day to a day and a half of this I'd usually binge on a sizable meal, and I'd feel better. Rinse and repeat. I was taking a multi so I doubt it was a nutritional deficiency. Especially because I never had a craving for a certain food, just food in general.

Could I be eating too little when I diet? I'd like to lose 2-3lbs a week, which is doable at the numbers above I'm just worried I might be under-eating.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 11:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, With the activity list you posted 1800 cal/day is not enough.
    I'd bump it up to 2200 and see how you feel.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Yes, With the activity list you posted 1800 cal/day is not enough.
    I'd bump it up to 2200 and see how you feel.
    I can do that.

I've read a number of conflicting opinions in terms of when to eat. Specifically on the benefit of breakfast. I bike to work, and I find that eating before I leave tends to make me slightly queasy by the time I get to work. However, if I don't eat before I leave I often don't have time to eat at work.

Given a 2200 calorie budget, I was debating doing a small breakfast at work, most likely a cereal bar, and dividing the remaining 2000 calories between lunch, and dinner.

Can I just have a cup of coffee for breakfast and call it good?
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 1:25pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, I eat over 5000 calories a day, and make an attempt to get at least 200g of protein, preferably 250g in that total. Then again, I'm pretty active, I lift very heavy very frequently, and my goal is to gain weight.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 2:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    ****, I eat over 5000 calories a day, and make an attempt to get at least 200g of protein, preferably 250g in that total. Then again, I'm pretty active, I lift very heavy very frequently, and my goal is to gain weight.
    So... your stated goals are the polar opposite of mine. Thanks for the feedback?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2011 4:27pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im also trying to lose weight and would like a little advice.

Im 6ft 2 and 94 kgs. I do judo and i want to lose the belly and get down a weight division ( - 90kg )

At the moment my diet is s**t. I work in construction and ive always belived that because i do a manual job that it would keep me slim so ive never watched what i eat. My typical daily menu is as such:

Breakfast: bacon and egg roll with coffe (2 sugars) or pre made shop brought sandwich with a packet of crisps and can of red bull.

Lunch:

Shop brought sandwich usually something meaty, chrisps, coke or other fizzy drink.

afterwork snack ( because im usually hungry when i get home):

packet of chrisps and chocolate bar or sweets.

Dinner: seasoned chicken ( shallow fried) in tomatoe sauce with rice or spaghetti bolognese with pasta or pie and chips. and s**t loads of fizzy drink or fruit juice.

Take away on friday nights usually indian or chinese.

On weekends the diet gets even worse its just beer, pizza, mcdonalds breakfast/ junk food.

This leaves me felling lethargic and i suffer badly from heart burn, which the doctor says is due to my bad diet.
    Obviously i know my diet is **** so for the past month ive changed it to this:

breakfast:
    low fat yoghurt with a bannana, black tea no sugar

Lunch: home made ham salad roll, fruit and water.

dinner: tuna and pasta, spaghetti bolognese, fish and rice. All home made.

The problem is that now at work i feel weak and cant concentrate and generally tired, grumpy and short tempered all day. Is this just because ive suddenly cut out loads of sugar and carbs out of my diet and my body is having withdrawal symptoms? I also read that you should cut out the Carbs if you want to lose weight but carbs give you energy and i need energy to do my job properly?

Ive read the Breakfast thread so im now going to start eatting porridge or granola for breakfast to give me some energy up untill lunch but what should i have for lunch and dinner? A couple of guys i work with work out alot at the gym and they've suggested eatting grilled chicken and brown rice for lunch but they're looking to gain weight where as im looking to lose it so should i eat this?

Basicly im looking for a healthy diet which will help me lose weight but still contain enough calories to keep my energy levels up all day at work. Can anybody suggest a good diet plan for me?

Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast