Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 9:51am

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Genbukan Yumoh Dojo & Kohki Dojo. Anyone know anything about them?

I'm looking for a good Ninjutsu Dojo here on Long Island. Does anyone have trained or have any coments about the Genbukan Dojos?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 11:15am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard that they have a much higher level of quality control than Bujinkan clubs but they would still come under the umbrella of compliant arts which are not very effective or realistic. As for them being 'ninjutsu', that's simple - they aren't. They are Takamatsu-den, just like the Bujinkan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Prince, Thanks for your coment, have a great day!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prince Vlad, Do you know any Ninjutsu Dojo/Sensei that you could recomend even if he's not afiliated to the Genbukan or Bujinkan?

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 3:31pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he can recommend such a thing, because there's no such thing as real "ninjutsu" being taught in Long Island.

born 2 fight; can you please explain this strange obsession with training "ninjutsu?" What is it you are trying to achieve? Do you want to learn to fight, or are you looking for some kind of connection with history or tradition?

Or are you just trolling?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Styygens,

1. If you "don't think" he can recommend such a thing because there is not such a thing as real "ninjutsu".... Why do you answer on his behalf? let him answer, he may or he may not agree with your opinion.

2. a) can you please explain this strange obsession with training "ninjutsu"?
    b) What is it you are trying to achieve?
    c) Do you want to learn to fight, or are you looking for some kind of connection with history or tradition?
    d) Or are you just trolling?

I'll do my best to answer your questions since you are curious...
    a) my obsession is my obsession, It is entirely my business and I'm doing nothing wrong here asking for something I don't know, isn't the purpose of the Forum?
    b) What I am trying to achieve is an answer from someone honest who can help me here, so far I haven't had so much success with your answers.
    c)Both.
    d)far from doing that, if it seems like it pls forgive me. Not my intention at all.

Thank you for your time and I'd appreciate if next time you reply to the thread you actualy have an answer to what is being asked. Thank you!

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do have an answer for you:

There is no real "ninjutsu" being taught in Long Island!

The closest you will find is a Takamatsuden-derived art being marketed as "Ninjutsu." Frankly, this may be your best bet for finding like minded individuals. Although you have indicated not having much success or appreciation in these schools from prior experience.

Any other school purporting to be Ninjutsu is going to be a scam of an entirely different order.

You need to read the stickies in this forum. You will learn that the Takamatsuden arts can't demonstrate to an independent authority that they have a legitimate ninjutsu lineage. The generally accepted history is that Koga Ryu ninjutsu died out with a man named Fujita Seiko back in the 1960's. His claims also have some controversy surrounding them.

However, a man named Kawakami recently emerged in Japan claiming to have a different line of Koga Ryu ninjutsu from Seiko. His claims have also caused some raised eyebrows, but may in fact have some merit. To use a common expression, "the jury is still out" on him. In any case, he does not have any students in Long Island, New York.

Thus, you will not find a recognized, authentic Ninjutsu lineage in New York.

I'm sorry this isn't getting through to you, as you've managed to clutter up this sub-forum with several threads on this same topic.

By asking what it is you are trying to achieve, I have been looking for information to give you a decent, honest answer.

If you are interested in learning how to fight, I would suggest boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ, and/or Judo.

If you are interested in Japanese fighting arts, I would suggest you look at Judo and Kyokushin karate.

If you are interested in some connection with Japanese history, you should be looking for a koryu practice group in New York. Koryu arts will teach pre-Meiji Era Japanese martial arts such as jujutsu, kenjutsu, bojutsu, and other weapons. These groups tend to be small, and somewhat selective. It's hard to paint them all with a broad brush, but if you approach them with this same strange Ninja obsession, you may well be turned away.

Once we understand what your training goal is, we can find someone to help suggest a training group in Long Island. Asking about ninjutsu schools will only get you the same non-response on Bullshido.

That's as honest and helpful an answer as I can give. Good luck.

If you persist in asking Bullshido members to help you find a real ninja school, I'll just assume you're a troll; whether you're trolling intentionally or not.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Styygens,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread and the detail explanation. I must admit it was very helpful and I agree with you in almost everything you wrote. I'm done here, I think I've got enough information to continue my MA journey. Have a great day!

Born 2 Fight

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 3:36pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.
    I kind of in a way hope he doesn't, he's only going to be disappointed.

To the OP: There are very few individuals that have good things to say about their training in "ninjutsu", however, if you do find something that satisfies what you are looking for in a martial art, by all means come back to the site and give a dojo review
    Last edited by Soldiermedic; 7/01/2011 3:39pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast