Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tae Kwon Do... my pros and cons

Tae Kwon Do

Personally I liked it in the very start, but by the time I got my high green belt I realized it was a terrible martial art if you honestly want to defend your self. But with that said it had some good things. (the pros and cons I list are only from my experience, doesn't mean there may not be any legit Tae Kwon Do schools somewhere.)

Pros:
    gain flexibility

gain balance

strong knuckles from push ups on fists

Cons:
    false sense of skill (little kids think they're tough)

rapid advancement over testing when truly ready

kids under 16 with black belts

a lot of over weight people who couldn't lift their leg up over their waist simply being passed and not being held back.

note: I saw a kid from my class that literally could not do any of the kicks correctly let alone do one push up on his knuckles wearing a green belt (he was yellow when i left) and it just enforces all of my dislike in Tae Kwon Do. :NewspaperGuy:

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
    Tae Kwon Do

Personally I liked it in the very start, but by the time I got my high green belt I realized it was a terrible martial art if you honestly want to defend your self. But with that said it had some good things. (the pros and cons I list are only from my experience, doesn't mean there may not be any legit Tae Kwon Do schools somewhere.)
    You're a douchebag for the record. All your "friends" probably call you a douche bag. Just wondering how many of them say it to your face?

Pros:
    gain flexibility
    Yoga

gain balance
    Yoga

strong knuckles from push ups on fists
    Your an idiot.
    Cons:
    false sense of skill (little kids think they're tough)
    You should have got out sooner.

rapid advancement over testing when truly ready
    Um....yes, I have called you an idiot.

kids under 16 with black belts
    Retarded people like you allowed on internet?

a lot of over weight people who couldn't lift their leg up over their waist simply being passed and not being held back.
    Kempo?

note: I saw a kid from my class that literally could not do any of the kicks correctly let alone do one push up on his knuckles wearing a green belt (he was yellow when i left) and it just enforces all of my dislike in Tae Kwon Do. :
    *slaps forehead. God I can't wait for summer to be over.

Style
    Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two of the best fighters I know of IRL started out in Tae Kwon Do and neither of them are ashamed of it.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hwang Jang Lee

That is all.

Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And your question is?

If you want to make something like this- go onto the KMA section and express your views. Personally though I would like to make the statement that individual > training methods > style.

Style
    Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well with the replies on here I'm assuming I only pissed people off. I'm sorry, only tried to provide my unbiased opinion of it so if another newbie like me was thinking of taking it they could look for all these, not saying all tae kwon do is bad but mine certainly was.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
    Well with the replies on here I'm assuming I only pissed people off. I'm sorry, only tried to provide my unbiased opinion of it so if another newbie like me was thinking of taking it they could look for all these, not saying all tae kwon do is bad but mine certainly was.
    I take it you can't read? Hwang Jang Lee is one of the best representatives of KMA alive. He was also in the Korean Army. That's negative and pissed off how?

Cullion said two of the best fighters he knows claim their TKD proudly. That's negative and pissed off how?

Go read the newbietown rules and save yourself some grief. Also, go to your local store and pick up a thick skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    And your question is?

If you want to make something like this- go onto the KMA section and express your views. Personally though I would like to make the statement that individual > training methods > style.
    How about you calm down? Was that his first post? Where should you start posting to get acclimated to the website?

So, he did it right and you just gave bad advice.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's still an idiot.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hwang Jang Lee

That is all.
    hey, did you check out that link I sent you?

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah I sent it to Derauslander.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last