Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 5:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

stuck stacking

Newbie here. Just learned a basic standing guard break, double leg stack and pass. after class I was working with a guy and he kept catching me in a sorta triangle. I say sorta because there was no arm in. I was in no real danger of being choked but it wasn't pleasant and I couldn't pass. No matter how much I crushed him he wouldn't let go. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe his legs are too high on my shoulders, giving him to much room back there to work? any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 6:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The double under pass?

It almost doesn't matter because the answer to every Jiu Jitsu question is either shrimp more or control his hips. In this case: Control his hips.

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes double under. Any tips would be great. I can try tonight

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 2:33pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like WhiteShark said, you have to control the hips.

Generally, you must control both of your opponents hips to pass his/her guard. If you don't control their hips, they will be mobile and your pass percentage just plummeted.

For the double-under, you have to lock his hips to your body. When you shoot both arms under his legs, either:

1) Gable grip your hands at about mid-thigh level

or

2) Cup his thighs with your hands (1 on each thigh) at the same level

Whichever one you use, you MUST (MUST!!) lock your elbows to your body in order to glue his hips to your body. At that point, you minimize his hip mobility and can then proceed to "stack" (I hate that term) and pass.

Also, make sure you have your posture (ass down, head up) the entire time. Ducking your head is a surefire way to get loop-choked, no-arm triangled, "pit bull" guillotined, etc..

Posture, get control of the hips, then pass. If you don't have both of these, do not attempt to pass because you probably won't succeed and open yourself to counters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 3:35pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to make sure that after you smash him by bringing his knees to his nose that you grab his shoulder or place your hand inside his collar to prevent him from spinning with you. One mistake beginners make is they forget to grab the collar or his shoulder to stop the spin as they go to the side for the pass.

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the help. He smirked when I said I think I can do it. Stacked and passed him over and over. Keeping the head high was a big help. All the other tips brought together. Thanks again.