• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 9:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is that the same kick that finishes this fight? It doesn't look like it can generate that much power, put it obviously can pack quite a punch (or kick).

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thgought this was called a Brzillian kick.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Brazil kick comes from the high outside to hit downward. The one in this thread comes from the low inside to hit upward and outward.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 1:28am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used this kick. I've known it as the "reverse roundhouse kick" but that same term has also been used for hook and wheel kicks.

I usually set it up with a 1-2 (jab cross), full stepping offline with the cross, throwing the kick and then jabbing my way out offline. I've caught people with it, but like WhiteShark said, it is tricky getting past their guard. People just look at me funny when I do it.

I now use it as a setup to get them to raise their guard and then turn the kick over to a side kick to go for the ribs. Again, setup for that is key which I'm still working on. I'll only try it once or twice in a sparring night. :-P

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 2:32am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used it, but rarely. In my experience, it's a decent kick to catch an opponent off guard, but extremely difficult to actually do any damage with. Like previous posters have said, for one thing if your opponent is using a decent guard, it's hard to land effectively. For another, since your hips begin by rotating one way, and the kick ends up changing direction at the last second, it also doesn't generate a whole lot of impact power.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    8/17/2011 11:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use this alot during point sparring and MMA. It a great way to go from a leg kick to hands. You can hit or fake the rear leg leg kick, then do the inverted kick, set your foot down to the outside of your opponents lead leg then follow with hands. Hard part is it takes years of practice to actually get enough power behind the technique and you would get more power throwing a rear leg hook kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 7:39am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by proteinshakez View Post
    Does anybody else have a problem with the instructor ending up with his back to his opponent -- or losing his balance entirely and stumbling away -- after landing his kicks?

:)

Posted On:
    8/19/2011 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    Does anybody else have a problem with the instructor ending up with his back to his opponent -- or losing his balance entirely and stumbling away -- after landing his kicks?
    It's not the reason I've never tried it, but yeah.

Personally, if I tried this kick, I'd rip my groin at the very least. I'm not flexible like that. Not even close to like that. Rubber bodied people.....I'm jealous.

I used to throw inside crescent kicks sometimes. It would surprise, as all my others come from outside, but had no power. It was more to affect the other person's reactions. I like Brazilian kicks, although again, not a whole heap of power, when I do it. More accurately, a slapping caress, from my finger toes.

Posted On:
    9/01/2011 8:37pm

Style: Mixed Traditional MAs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive seen some weird kicks but never one like that, its not that its obsolete but it looks like it just dosent generate enough force to be hurt someone that bad. But on the upside i doubt anyone would be ready to block it :P

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/01/2011 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriStriker View Post
    ive seen some weird kicks but never one like that, its not that its obsolete but it looks like it just dosent generate enough force to be hurt someone that bad. But on the upside i doubt anyone would be ready to block it :P
    As he demonstrates, it sets up something else. Not intended as a knockout power strike by itself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast