Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 4:53am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.

I've never seen any of that before (why would I in the UK). For the first sequence (Mr Rabbit) I was thinking, 'Floyd, read a book. Please, read a Fucking book. Learn to speak English.'

Then again, he's not always consistent. "Filthy Rich is a style, you can ride a Honda with your Friday wage packet and a few dollars in your pocket etc" then it seques to "Pop a Strap". Not if you're in that Honda. Jingle some loose change in your pocket, would be more like it.

Anyway,

Tranquil Suit's radio feed was....special. Floyd got played there - and why not? The radio chap knew his history - which impressed me. I loved that reference to Ageless Archie Moore, and Will o'the Wisp Pep confirmed the radio jock knew his stuff. I'm quite surprised the Eff word was so prevalent; it wouldn't happen in the UK.

Thanks to both for the posts. Wow.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 5:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Mayweather is beginning to look every bit his age. He looks tired, and his focus seems... off. Looks like all his personal dramas are taking its toll: baby mama problems, financial problems, legal problems. He's had a busy year, it seems.
    You don't say. For comparison:

This is middle of 2009, before his Marquez fight: http://youtu.be/mwNt7wv_RN8?hd=1

This is now: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6713408

I almost feel pity, looking at him now.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    If this fight were happening tomorrow, I'd put all my money on Ortiz.
    Well, he still has time to recover, but I don't know. Can he recover his speed and focus in time as well?
    And Pacman would kill him in his current state...

For what it's worth: http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...rnandez--40309

P.S. I love how in the first video, whenever Floyd makes an argument, he makes this clever face and raises an eyebrow. (like 9:45-9:55)
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 6/30/2011 5:37pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 5:35pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I almost feel pity, looking at him now.
    Wow. What a contrast. It's like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Well, he still has time to recover, but I don't know. Can he recover his speed and focus in time as well?
    And Pacman would kill him in his current state...
    I don't think he can return to his old form within 2 1/2 months. He's admitted in the ESPN interview that he's done hardly any training during the last 16 months.

Could he pull a Bernard Hopkins and win with sheer ring smarts? Maybe. But he won't be the Floyd Mayweather Jr. of old.

EDIT: Just saw the Ortiz portion of that interview. God, he looks like he's been coached. Who the hell dreams of being welterweight champion of the world at 9-years-old?

Also -- Mayweather was NOT in the welterweight division when Ortiz was 9-years-old. That's a bald-faced lie. The hype in this fight is so played up, it reminds me of professional wrestling.
    Last edited by atomicpoet; 6/30/2011 5:38pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2011 7:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This fight is only of interest to me insofar as I am curious to see just how far Mayweather has fallen due to his lifestyle outside the ring and his deteriorating mental state.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    7/01/2011 6:36pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to Tranquil for the vids.

Floyd comes across like a complete knob in the first interview. I also thought his comment about Senior having plotted a strategy for Ricky Hatton to apply against Manny too rich to accept. I think it's bollocks. Senior was hardly seen by Ricky and training was set by the co-trainer with Floyd Senior turning up in the Dressing Room about 45 mins before the fight. No wonder the "partnership' ended so acrimoniously. I also realised Ricky was going to lose when he was interviewed on UK TV before the fight and he said "If I win..." IF????

Back to Floyd. The second interview was certainly a contrast with the first. He sounded Coherent. Nor did he insult the interviewer.

Perhaps Floyd will end up beating himself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12