Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 10:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's obvious that head punches are TOO DEADLY for KK tournaments.

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Nihilanthic
    I read on the ~Crane69 or whatever site (its like a big CMA vs MT site) about how some indian guy entered a KK tournament and won with lots of "foul punches" to the head. He got a DQ of course.

He did get the point across of course.
    What the hell point was he trying to make? Thta he can get himself DQed? How did he win? If he got DQed for using an illegal technique, I don't think you can call that winning.

I got KOed by a pretty powerful right hook to the head in the KK tournament I fought in a week ago. The guy had very little control and I think he was trying to hit me in the body. He got DQed. What is the point?
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 11:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the point is that you suck. and your puny body makes me want to laugh.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 11:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point - don't fight with restrictive rules.
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 11:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the point is somewhat clear - all the rules to some degree build habits. These exist however for the safety of the participants of the sport.

Re: the knockouts via punches in kyokushin tournaments. It's a tournament people. If you enter a TKD tournament and use a takedown followed by an armbar, expect to be disqualified. If they say no head shots, no head shots. It's not about proving a point. It's a tournament, not a streetfight.

It reminds me of a friend of mine who went in the Australian NAS tournaments for fun. It's meant to be no contact, but someone tried to pound him. Unfortunately for him, my friend was also heavily into full contact martial arts and dropped him.

Guess who got disqualified?

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/20/2004 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    the point is that you suck. and your puny body makes me want to laugh.
    Oh yeah, little XingYi Biatch? You never answered my question on the other thread. You're supposedly in med school. How big are YOU. How much do YOU bench?
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 12:42am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answers to both questions are <100
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar
    Very true, SAFTA. Unless you can call MMA an art. I don't know what bad habits fighting in the UFC would get you.

MMA/Vale Tudo are the closest thing to a actual streetfight but they are still very different.
    MMA is a sport with a referee, a padded mat to fall on when taken down, groin cups, mouth pieces, gloves, a towel etc.
    Plus a MMA fight you have several months to train for it and plenty of time to warm up and hydrate yourself before a ref asks if you are ready to fight.
    None of that happens on the mean, dangerous streets of Seattle.
    Street fights are spontaneous and brutal and there is no ref or corner man to save your ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 1:09am

Style: TKD & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar
    That's a complete lie in the title of that clip. Neither of them were Kyokushin. NO fighter trained in Kyokushin fights like that. They were both obviously trained in TKD and fighting with stupid TKD rules.
    Well, It kinda appealed like it was a TKD prac. versing a Kyokushin prac. and I thought it was because the TKD prac. was wearing the traditional v-neck uniform and the somewhat look liked Kyokushin prac. was wearing those Karate uniforms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2004 7:51am

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that ~crane69 site or whatever its called, has some bs in it, I mean, there is a story about Mas Oyama losing to a tai chi guy, or how san shou could beat muay thai, but with the rule that throws scored points.

The indian guy fought against Sokei Matsui I believe, and dude, IMO a punch to the face will KO you if you were not expecting it (especially if you are not wearing gloves), its like if you kicked someone in the nuts during a UFC fight, could the guy defend against it if he was expecting? but anyway if I remember correcly Matsui was not KOed with the face punches.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast