Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2011 6:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Show us how its done, then.
    Surely you are more intelligent than that?

It should be obvious, first the Taekwondo guy is a blue belt, second everyone has head gear on, third the Taekwondo guy is wearing gloves. Already we have inexperience along with the fact that any moves to the head and punches are pretty much moot. That inexperience shows in his willingness to attack and stay in close range when he does not have to. Combine that with the fact that the Taekwondo guy apparently does not even know how to punch and is using kicks to the head which are going to be ineffective against head gear as well. I mean why not just handcuff the Taekwondo guy? Take the gloves and the head gear off and see what we get, also the side kick is probably the most effective kick in Taekwondo and works well at maintaining distance. All such videos I have witness like the BJJ Vs. this and that are the same, in the BJJ one the BJJ guy runs at them and takes them down for the same reasons, they are padded, have little power in their moves and are using cresent kicks, axe kicks and round house kicks on someone they can not hurt, if they were not padded up it would be different and if they used better hand techniques and front and side kicks it would be drasticly different. No to mention that most schools now days teach more than Taekwondo to their black belts. That is my unbiased observation as I see the merits of all the arts, this is compairing apples to oranges as all the other Vs. videos I have seen out there so far.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 6:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try that test without the padding and get someone like this:

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great analysis. So, why does TKD fail in high level striking competitions?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:13am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterYourself View Post
    Surely you are more intelligent than that?
    On my experience, people that criticize like you never, never post videos of themselves doing what they're criticizing others for being bad at. Oh wait, you posted a text wall and some people that aren't you. Maybe you'll be the one that proves me wrong?

It should be obvious, first the Taekwondo guy is a blue belt, second everyone has head gear on, third the Taekwondo guy is wearing gloves. Already we have inexperience along with the fact that any moves to the head and punches are pretty much moot. That inexperience shows in his willingness to attack and stay in close range when he does not have to. Combine that with the fact that the Taekwondo guy apparently does not even know how to punch and is using kicks to the head which are going to be ineffective against head gear as well. I mean why not just handcuff the Taekwondo guy? Take the gloves and the head gear off and see what we get, also the side kick is probably the most effective kick in Taekwondo and works well at maintaining distance. All such videos I have witness like the BJJ Vs. this and that are the same, in the BJJ one the BJJ guy runs at them and takes them down for the same reasons, they are padded, have little power in their moves and are using cresent kicks, axe kicks and round house kicks on someone they can not hurt, if they were not padded up it would be different and if they used better hand techniques and front and side kicks it would be drasticly different. No to mention that most schools now days teach more than Taekwondo to their black belts. That is my unbiased observation as I see the merits of all the arts, this is compairing apples to oranges as all the other Vs. videos I have seen out there so far.
    The safety gear is hindering the TKD guy? Give me a break. I've knocked plenty of people on their asses with kicks, with gear on. I've been knocked out through headgear. Good technique disrupts people even if they're wearing gear.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The safety gear is hindering the TKD guy? Give me a break. I've knocked plenty of people on their asses with kicks, with gear on. I've been knocked out through headgear. Good technique disrupts people even if they're wearing gear.
    Yeah, but was it special TKD gear?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:38am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The disruption isn't being caused by safety gear. The disruption isn't being caused by Special TKD gear.

The disruption is being caused by the Magic.

The trouble with you muggles is you'd rather believe it was anything, than admit the obvious. The guy has Magic Pants for Christ's sake. Any attacker is going to be rolling double 1's.

"Expelliarmus!"

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 8:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    I learned the hard way that blocking kicks with your hands like that is a good way to break, sprain or dislocate fingers.

But good for them
    Amen!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by November View Post
    The main thing this shows is that a competent TKD guy still loses to a mediocre crappler.
    Why in the world would you think the TKD guy is competent?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On my experience, people that criticize like you never, never post videos of themselves doing what they're criticizing others for being bad at. Oh wait, you posted a text wall and some people that aren't you. Maybe you'll be the one that proves me wrong?

Well first I would have to find an idiot claiming to know Akido around here that does not know me, not likely to happen and second you probably did not do it with a round house to the head or body or cresent kick to the head or body, nor an axe kick to the shoulder and if you did then they were pussies anyway, you obviously missed a very important fact of the conversation and that is that the TKD guy does not have good technique nor experience enough for such a test, but frankly the Akido guy is not so hot either.

Again this is apples to oranges and any idiot can see that. I do not have a need to prove myself, I grew up a long time ago. Your obviously very gullible if you buy into this **** and very stupid if you can not realize when your talking to someone that knows what they are talking about, ohh wait, you know nothing about either art, guess that proves it.

BTW, you should work on getting a life if you have nothing better to do than stalk people in the forums and make stupid comments about things you know nothing about.
    Last edited by MasterYourself; 7/04/2011 11:34pm at .

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterYourself View Post
    ...Well first I would have to find an idiot claiming to know Akido around here that does not know me, not likely to happen and second you probably did not do it with a round house to the head or body or cresent kick to the head or body, nor an axe kick to the shoulder...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast