Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wristlocks

Python is this you? Care to talk about it some more? Throw in combos you use it with, tips, etc.

The only wristlock I do is from the omoplata.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 1:37pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm friends with him on facebook. I will send him message.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:08pm

Style: BJJ & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting an arm across like that is really hard in BJJ because that's the same starting position for a triangle or armbar, and everyone knows it, so they fight tooth and nail not to get their arm pulled across like that. I'd have to spend some time on the mat with it to be sure, but this technique looks like something that's much easier to fight out of than a triangle. I have made something like this work from mount, but instead of grabbing his elbow my left arm went across grabbing my right bicep. I think I had attempted a keylock but forgot to get his elbow down toward my right leg.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 2:53pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah that is me.....Actually everything I show has been done numerous times. I don't show techniques that don't work while sparring. Ask any of my students and they will tell you that I do wristlocks all the time from various positions. Once you get hold of the wrist it is easy to maintain the grip and fold the wrist to apply the pressure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+x+wesley&aq=f

Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    Getting an arm across like that is really hard in BJJ because that's the same starting position for a triangle or armbar, and everyone knows it, so they fight tooth and nail not to get their arm pulled across like that. I'd have to spend some time on the mat with it to be sure, but this technique looks like something that's much easier to fight out of than a triangle. I have made something like this work from mount, but instead of grabbing his elbow my left arm went across grabbing my right bicep. I think I had attempted a keylock but forgot to get his elbow down toward my right leg.

If you look at the video I posted you will see Caludio apply a wristlock from the guard using a different set up and it worked. Wristlocks work but it takes a lot of practice.
    Last edited by Team Python; 6/07/2011 3:33pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post

Python is this you? Care to talk about it some more? Throw in combos you use it with, tips, etc.

The only wristlock I do is from the omoplata.
    Yeah Dave I will do some vids to help you out......give me a few days.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 1:18am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    I'm going to say this one more time. As a one month white belt who is clearly a bit slow, you need to post less and train more. If you continue to make stupid posts in the technique forums, I will ban you from them.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 2:30am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    Yeah Dave I will do some vids to help you out......give me a few days.
    Thanks. I saw Calassans do it and at Mundials someone else got one too so I decided it's time I start working it. I'm having issues if they simply make a fist, and if I switch to two hands they posture and pull their elbow free. I'm pretty sure it's an issue of me controlling their elbow better with my body though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2011 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First make sure you grab the portion of the wrist where it bends with your middle finger and thumb and the rest of your fingers and hand goes over top of his hand. The secret to get his wrist to bend even if he is making a fist is to use your forearm to push against his knuckles. To get the position you need to make sure your arm is lined up with his.

If your arm is at a 90 degree angle to his arm as in a frame grip then you will not have the leverage to bend the wrist. If you look at my video when I pull his hand towards my shoulder notice how I grab it to get my arm lined up with his. This is when I start bending the wrist. By the time I place his elbow on my stomach I already have the wrist bent and ready to add the pressure. After the wrist is bent he will not be able to keep his fist closed. Putting pressure on the four knuckles get maximum torque to cause the pain for the tap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2011 11:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here is another wristlock I do quite often and pull it off most of the time especially against people that spar with me for the first time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast